Sign in to follow this  
Brattygirl

Make Specialty Items Impable

Back in May of 2021, the Cavalier helmet was changed to be impable. As a rare reward from gift boxes, this made sense. Other than the Cavalier Helmet, there are three other specialty helmets. The Horned Helmet, Plumed Helm of the Hunt and a Summer Hat (Not including the Helm of Benevolence as that is just a skinned great helm). I know the Cavalier, Horned and Plumed helmets are all made of Steel and show it as the required item to improve, yet only the cavalier helmet can actually be improved. (I can't speak for a Summer Hat as I do not own one, but I believe it is not impable)(Can confirm, summer hat is not impable)

LlXqWei.png

[10:06:07] You start to improve the cavalier helmet.

My suggestion is to make all of the helmets improvable. These helmets are rare, and there is really no reason to not have them impable. Especially since they can be received through gift boxes. Below is a link to the patch notes where Cavalier helmets were made impable.

Edit - some other items that are not able to be improved:

- Crown of the Troll King

- Goblin War Bonnet

- Staff of Land

- Pirate Hat

- Witch Hat

- Soft Cap

• Like 7

What throws me for this, is the fact that we were told that the reason troll clubs can't be imped is because they can't be crafted. It caused some compliactions (t. Wurm Official Stream, but could be remembering this a touch incorrectly)

Of course, we all know there was a troll club skin made with not quite enough thought behind it and they got a change out to allow us to imp troll clubs. Fantastic! We know we have a workaround, we've seen it work twice! Now make it work again.

• Like 2

Staff of land, troll king and goblin leader caps...

Everything should be impable

• Like 1

it's item setting.. flag.. bit.. w/e... all items are probably the same.. all follow a template obviously.. or few.. it's software, easy to change, with less or more work if it's wanted or needed..

archaeology statues weren't possible to improve, but now they are.. #joy.. everywhere...

event archaeology items can not be improved on the other hand, still ignored issue/feature 

The game needs more art and more ways to let players express random customization..

instead of making runes be dumb random colors.. make them toggleable.. emitting light or dimming light.. based on possibilities for surfaces and textures, items, gear worn and not.. make a difference for runes and colors; from there buff rune colors.. while on the other hand allow painting of items with regular dye with ease.. then that rune color with it's special property will still be amazing and making sense to use on specific items, but not be required to paint a bucket(replace with any random dumb items that is uniquely only possible to paint with just rune but not dye)

art and cool stuff .. sell.. (or should?)

• Like 1

Unless they're secretly very OP and gamebreaking it makes sense to make them improvable

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, Synjor said:

Staff of land, troll king and goblin leader caps...

I didn't even take into account the other items that can't be improved. I wonder what other kind of rare items like those are around that can't be improved. 

Can confirm, summer hat is not impable. My Supreme Summer Hat slowly decays with each hit it takes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Can confirm, summer hat is not impable. My Supreme Summer Hat slowly decays with each hit it takes. 

Such a shame! Hopefully they change the system, to allow these to be improved. 

On a side note, is your summer hat for sale :P