Sign in to follow this  
Oneeyedgod

Heathen Trading Co. Summer Solstice Bash

Heathen Trading Co. Presents

Summer Solstice With OneeyedGod

June 20th - 23rd 2023

First off  I would like to say I do not plan to poach the lame horse Impalong I plan to attend there as well  if you haven't heard about it 

here is a link to check out that they are offering.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/194206-lame-horse-fair-and-limpalong/&tab=comments#comment-1936850

Some historical background:

Spoiler

itha is a pagan holiday; one of their eight sabbats during the year. Litha (also known as Midsummer) occurs on the summer solstice, and celebrates the beginning of summer. The traditions of Litha appear to be borrowed from many cultures. Most ancient cultures celebrated the summer solstice in some way. The Celts celebrated Litha with hilltop bonfires and dancing. Many people attempted to jump over or through the bonfires for good luck.

midsummer-142476_1280-300x200.jpg  Litha/Midsummer bonfire

Other European traditions included setting large wheels on fire, and rolling them down a hill into a body of water. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, and in some traditions, Litha is when a battle between light and dark takes place. In this battle, the Oak King and the Holly King battle for control. During each solstice, they battle for power, and the balance shifts. The Oak King, who represents daylight, rules from the winter solstice (Yule) to Litha. During this time, the days steadily get longer. However, during Litha, the Holly King wins this battle, and the days get steadily darker until Yule.

Now that everyone has read all the boring stuff time to share some of the stuff i have in store for everyone.

Impalong

Spoiler

The basic guidelines for imping/enchanting:

• Gear and enchantments will be targeted at 70 ql and casts.
  • Any gear you want imped/enchanted should be dropped directly into it's corresponding labeled coffin/forge/shelves with your name, and if you're getting an enchantment, desired spells.
  • If the tool is a skiller (low ql), mark it as such as well so it is not accidentally improved.
  • Items should be picked up whenever possible to save space. If your item is not picked up and space is short, it will be moved to an overflow area - contact an event staffer to retrieve it for you.
  • Double check the crafting menu for the item to ensure it's skill corresponds to the drop-off.
  • Some commonly misplaced items: 
    • Carving Knife, Sickle, and Scythe (blade only) are Bladesmithing.
    • Finished Sickle, and Scythe are  Weaponsmithing.
    • (Cooking) Knife and Leather Knife are Blacksmithing.
    • Fishing rods are Fine carpentry.
    • Light Fishing Reels are Carpentry.
    • Medium Reels are Fine Carpentry.
    • The deep water reel is Blacksmithing.
    • The professional Reel is Jewelrysmithing.
    • Dredges are Blacksmithing.

What to bring: 

• All items a person wishes to have improved or enchanted (only one per of each item for each player except for arrows, horse shoes, and armor pieces).
  • One full set of armor (leather, chain, plate) per person, in addition to one set of wool or cloth clothing.
  • 2 sets (8 total) horse shoes, 2 saddles, 2 saddlebags, and 2 bridles.
  • A quiver full of arrows
  • Large items such as forges, floor looms, spinning, wheels, larders, etc. are welcome.
  • Wagons and carts will be imped in the marked area; please park accordingly.

Event manners:

• Carts and wagons not being imped should be parked in the area marked off the highway - please do not bring vehicles into the imping building unless dropping off and removing cart right after. 
  • Hell horses should be parked in fenced areas.
  • Tents should be setup at the marked campground. 
  • Turn off personal light sources (lamps, etc.) to reduce lag.
  • Don't bring a dozen items of the same type - don't sell off stuff that is improved/enchanted. Our impers and priests are giving precious time for free - it's not cool to abuse that!

Events

Spoiler

Fishing contest

Heavy Horse in the Maze of Secrets

Chess Tourney

Rowboat Race

1 vs 1 Duels

Team Duels

Trivia shootout

Archery contest

More to come....

Sermons

Spoiler

Sermons will be held during the event Using Google docs to place hold and keep timing optimal so each participating player has equal Chance at sermoning

Rules.

1. one char name on the roster at a time

2. when your sermon is completed please add your name to the end of the list.

3. please do not remove any name from the queue to add yours in

4. be patient everyone will get a chance to sermon

EVENT STAFF:

Spoiler

Oneeyedgod

Any Donations as far as materials or if anyone wants to be part of the event staff feel free to send me a message in game @ oneeyedgod or send me a private message here on the forums.

Thanks all for the read this really is a great community hope to se you all there Keep on wurming.....

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 6

You can count on me with blacksmithing, chainsmithing, shipbuilding, carp, finecarp, leatherworking with Irbi ;)

• Like 1

Sign me up i can cover alot of stations and help out with errands, cant wait looking forward to it! 

Saturnfive

Edited by Zerobyte
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

I have a few skills I could put to use. Carp and basic blacksmithing as well as masonry and some stonecutting.

• Like 1

blueeyeddevil for blacksmithing, weapon smithing, carpentry

Good afternoon dear friends!
I want to send my priest Dargoll to help with the Vynora spells.
t will be my pleasure to help everyone.

Current skill - 
99,6+ channeling (Benediction Vynora Enchants)

Edited by FreeLikeTheWind

ill be there if im online and help out \o/

i had been planning this for a while but unfortunatly i cant be in game  i dont have a pc to play on

• Like 1