Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

Scissors

I was following this really useful guide, from Muse

How to *always* make IRON (or steel) scissors from strange metal scissor blades - Game Guides - Wurm Online Forum

when making up some scissors from archaeology blades.

Then I realized you can combine iron and steel blades to make steel scissors...then I wondered if this is intentional...

Then I wondered if moonmetal works like this too, made a glimmersteel blade and combined it with an iron blade resulting in glimmersteel scissors...

Then I wondered if smelting scissors would result in a gain in moonmetal amount, but it doesn't, phew.

Anyway are these combines intentional?

• Like 2

and then I thought what if a player was to combine an archaeology blade with runes to a moonmetal blade, then they would get runed moonmetal scissors, what if they used Seryll, then they could add enchantments on top, with no shatter risk...

Is that intentional?

Edited by Hailiah

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

and then I thought what if a player was to combine an archaeology blade with runes to a moonmetal blade, then they would get runed moonmetal scissors, what if they used Seryll, then they could add enchantments on top, with no shatter risk...

um if i recall correctly you have to start the combine with the runed blade first right and if it isnt already seryll wouldnt that just result in the material of the first blade combined? so in your example wouldnt the resulting Seryll scissors be without a rune because you combined it in reverse, i might be wrong here but i was under the impression it worked that way especially like in the case of making a mistake combining a regular fragment to a rare fragment and destroying the rarity when you do so( and not the other way around when you combine the rare to a regular and end up with the rare)

No, from Muse's post, "Activate runed scissor blade of any metal type (with the runes you definitely want on it) and combine with iron blade if metal or steel blade if alloy."

So if you subsitute in the moonmetal blade for the iron or steel your gonna get moonmetal  scissors with runes as a result.

Edited by Hailiah

Finally got a 4 rune scissor blade to test.

Before

5UYM9dD.jpg

After

Sp2WYjv.jpg

• Like 1