Sign in to follow this  
Omar

PVP servers

On 1/29/2023 at 12:05 PM, BoulderDash said:

whats with the first page or more of this topic?  did a kingdoms members all join into the topic at once or something?   it was a wall of yes within such a small time scale.  somethings fishy!

Nothing fishy, actually two enemy kingdoms agreeing. 

15 hours ago, FallenKnight said:

yea i know what you mean.. but what difference beetwen hellhorse and 5speed horse on defiance ? 

I proposed removing rare horses as well.

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

Nothing fishy, actually two enemy kingdoms agreeing. 

I think the servers need to be shut down now for the sake of future kingdom politics!   

On 1/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, BoulderDash said:

whats with the first page or more of this topic?  did a kingdoms members all join into the topic at once or something?   it was a wall of yes within such a small time scale.  somethings fishy!

i say no to your idea.  epic is really cool and massive.  you can skill up faster and because there are less people that makes it a explorers dream come true.  like a survival game. lots of monsters.

how about changing epic into a new style of gameplay. if the servers and the space is there, why not use it and change things up to bring in another new crowd of people?

make epic into a true survival zone.

stronger monsters with their own towns that can be raided.

monster patrols and dungeons in caves.

a weather system tied in with the seasons so that you get more thirsty in the summer during certain times of the day but need to find shelter or be near a campfire after a certain time frame at night in the winter until a timer refills.

tar could be put into a barrel and then you could drip it out in a line like a jerry can and then set it on fire to burn monsters, create fire walls, burn trees and even burn wooden homes.

war machines like the catapult could be loaded with rock shards but those rock shards could be blessed by a priest with the power of fire.  when thrown it would be like a fireball.

oh and being able to ride spiders would be cool too lol

it would be wurm but more action packed, more dangerous, more fear....etc

I would love to see a more intense PvE experience and Epic would be a good cluster to implement it on. I think in this instance Epic ought to have "home server rules" with reputations and outlaw status, enabling people to engage in stealing/lockpicking out of sight of guards, not be tripped up by stupid "protected areas" and preventing people from fencing off vast areas of land.

I have very little Wurm pvp experience and this is probably not a doable idea, but why not merge Epic, Defiance and Chaos servers into a separate cluster?  Instead of one small server to fight over, you would have 3 servers for pvp, each reachable by ship.  It would allow some massive kingdoms to be built on each server, while having the threat from others on a different server attacking.  Allow players to portal back and forth between Freedom and whichever pvp server their home base.  Each server could have 1 or 2 starter towns that protect new players from being farmed and the rest of the territory on the servers are PMK available.  Merging all 3 servers to one cluster, if doable, allows all the hard work that players have done over the years to stay intact.  Wiping or deleting servers and destroying years of work seems very unfair.  More land should mean more players, rather than all being squished onto one server.  The rules would have to be adjusted so that all servers play the same, but I am sure a compromise can be reached.  I think faster training times would also encourage more pvp participation.    

Whatever is done to fix Wurm pvp, it will be a major undertaking and not everyone will be happy.  Hopefully something can be done to create a thriving pvp population.  This is just another idea to throw in the hat.  Let the flaming begin.  :)    

"I bet there are no major plans to do anything with Epic/Chaos related in near future. " - 2023 roadmap likes it