Sign in to follow this  
Omar

PVP servers

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Maybe they should reset epic and add it to sfi

Resetting it would defeat the point of adding it to SFI, but yes they could just add the home servers to the SFI cluster. Something would still need to be done about people's different skillsets per cluster.

maybe to move epic players data sfi and aplicate it to every auccton that have higher skills on epic

Yeah a good deal of people exclusively live on Chaos and if that’s not you I don’t think you have a say in whether or not it should be completely shut down lol. I will say something needs to be done a 3rd different unconnected pvp server when the community was known to be tiny was a very odd choice. Keep Rumble all template kingdoms, let them sail to the promise land, Chaos to found a pmk if they want. Can’t figure out the code? Well don’t touch it with bandaids until you can.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, user said:

Yeah a good deal of people exclusively live on Chaos and if that’s not you I don’t think you have a say in whether or not it should be completely shut down lol. I will say something needs to be done a 3rd different unconnected pvp server when the community was known to be tiny was a very odd choice. Keep Rumble all template kingdoms, let them sail to the promise land, Chaos to found a pmk if they want. Can’t figure out the code? Well don’t touch it with bandaids until you can.

that's totaly true this server have real history and is alive community

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Yes you never been on chaos i guess you don't know that this server have real history and leave it alone it will stay pvp

As someone who has played on wild since the beginning it's time for it to go. The map is terrible and people just hold onto it for sentimental value or on remembrance of how great it was. The best pvp server was early epic and it ran it course to the ghost town it is now. Wurm is a game that gets stale and freshness is what make it strive. Start of epic servers were peaking what? 2k players in wurm? Now look at it 400 on a good day.. also by the looks of your forum profile you spend your time on freedom and not chaos.

If you want to keep chaos for the history make it a freedom map. Wouldn't be hard to do.

Edited by Atndy

Main problem with Epic is it never worked right, and I wished it had as I liked the idea of a more draconic hellscape to play in. Granted much of that was toned down from the original promises.

Epic missions were borked to the point of needing 50 oleander-wood caravels (I wish this was hyperbole), so god progress across Valrei was severely imbalanced triggering massive terraforming events. That all was bad enough but the bugs and imbalances resulting just snowballed from there.

For example the player god code went for a year before anyone noticed it wasn't working. Then when it was working there was so many balance issues, the feature was eventually ripped out. One could write an entire book on this happening over and over again till players became tired and left.

All this lead from a healthy starting population that eventually bled off to the point where a mere handful begged for skill transfers to the SFI.

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 1

ya. Watch your freedom market crumble when ppl aren't buying 100's of thousands of bulk items at a time to build massive deeds. Don't touch chaos. 

*(Reminder, Rolf wanted wurm to be 100% pvp, back in the day :P or so I was told... )  

Reply:

""the whole purpose of this is to consolidate the pvp servers so people that want to pvp don't make the mistake of going to a dead server and then the game loses players because they show up and like 5 active players are spread out on different servers""

Our chaos PMK has like 20-30 people online always. sometimes more, sometimes less. Point is, get better recruitment, rather than complain. 

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Our chaos PMK has like 20-30 people online always. sometimes more, sometimes less. Point is, get better recruitment, rather than complain. 

I suggest we hold a WWE style draft where random Kenn Jellogs users are sent to other kingdoms instead to even out numbers

Pll talking ###### about hellies and unicorns on chaos...

When they have rare horses soo easy to make with few hours breed timers

Like User said

Lets keep Defiance template kingdoms only and if they want they can come to form their PMK on chaos...

Merge clusters to allow them that

Edited by FallenKnight

Getting 31 body Control and 70 taming is really soo hard... When ppl teyharding their body strenght in 2 years to 80 GG

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

I suggest we hold a WWE style draft where random Kenn Jellogs users are sent to other kingdoms instead to even out numbers

Can’t do it. We’re having too much fun. 

plus I already sent y’all Neutral. 

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

30 minutes ago, Robus said:

plus I already sent y’all Neutral. 

1wXsZq7.jpeg

• Cat 2

On 1/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, FallenKnight said:

Getting 31 body Control and 70 taming is really soo hard... When ppl teyharding their body strenght in 2 years to 80 GG

Skill isn't the reason behind wanting to remove hellhorses.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3

whats with the first page or more of this topic?  did a kingdoms members all join into the topic at once or something?   it was a wall of yes within such a small time scale.  somethings fishy!

i say no to your idea.  epic is really cool and massive.  you can skill up faster and because there are less people that makes it a explorers dream come true.  like a survival game. lots of monsters.

how about changing epic into a new style of gameplay. if the servers and the space is there, why not use it and change things up to bring in another new crowd of people?

make epic into a true survival zone.

stronger monsters with their own towns that can be raided.

monster patrols and dungeons in caves.

a weather system tied in with the seasons so that you get more thirsty in the summer during certain times of the day but need to find shelter or be near a campfire after a certain time frame at night in the winter until a timer refills.

tar could be put into a barrel and then you could drip it out in a line like a jerry can and then set it on fire to burn monsters, create fire walls, burn trees and even burn wooden homes.

war machines like the catapult could be loaded with rock shards but those rock shards could be blessed by a priest with the power of fire.  when thrown it would be like a fireball.

oh and being able to ride spiders would be cool too lol

it would be wurm but more action packed, more dangerous, more fear....etc

Edited by BoulderDash

8 minutes ago, BoulderDash said:

make epic into a true survival zone.

I kinda like this idea.

Make epic a real survival server , no pvp, maybe just coop - survival mode. Hard mobs, tough to kill, etc.

Either that or just port over Epic servers to freedom and make them freedom servers and that's it.

• Like 1

Chaos is way too old to shut and epic is pretty old too, they could be turned pve for those who still like to live there. Defiance is young and dumb enough to just shut completely. PvP really does need to be consolidated or it just doesnt work, you cant fight people who don't exist and if they still dont exist after consolidation then maybe there's a reason for that and someone might try to fix it.

• Like 1

Pick one server and make it like jackal for going back and forth .

Close the rest or just keep on dreaming  .

As is none of this will happen , been in a loop for years what players want and get .

Chaos players will be pissed for losing out on money making with pmk items to sell on pve servers also .

10 hours ago, Omar said:

Skill isn't the reason behind wanting to remove hellhorses.

yea i know what you mean.. but what difference beetwen hellhorse and 5speed horse on defiance ? 

2 hours ago, FallenKnight said:

its soo good ppl who not playing on chaos want to decide what to do with it 

Anyone from SFI can sail to chaos and do whatever there

Ahhhh ****, here we go again.

17la4p.jpg

There are plenty ways that pvp servers could be changed, merged, exported, preserved or even solution for one big server to consolidate whole pvp community.

Over past 5 years there were many, many, many topics and suggestions about that.

Thing is, no actions have been made in this direction, despite latest Epic Elevation reset with weird changes suggested by players that left it after few months. Ahhh, yes, also Defiance was spawned for "fresh" experience.

I bet there are no major plans to do anything with Epic/Chaos related in near future.

So question is not what to do, but if anything is planned to be done.

• Like 1

I like you used the OG witcher picture and not the Netflix one :D

• Like 2