Sign in to follow this  
Omar

PVP servers

New players are joining Epic for a few days then leaving, a big missed opportunity to get new pvpers. Epic needs to shut down so new players don't have such a bad experience then quit.

I also propose shutting all pvp servers. And having one new server accessed via craftable portal from SFI and NFI, with Defiance ruleset minus rare speed horses, +10% boat speed. Your faith and meditation abilities transfer the first time you cross only. No item transfer. PMKs enabled from the start.

I believe Chaos accounts are NOT massively higher skilled than the players currently on Defiance. Partly because players are now skilling better from caffeine + food affinities etc and game knowledge. So I don't think this is an argument against a merge but I'm interested in hearing other points of view.

• Like 20

Agreed 100% and as someone who doesn't play on Freedom, and if it's not too much trouble, maybe allow a limited inventory/item transfer from Defiance to NFI if Defiance shuts down?  

• Like 2

I'd be kinda bummed about losing the items I've accumulated (and even paid for!!!) on Defiance, but ultimately I know it would be better for the community and the game.

+1

1 minute ago, DADLER said:

Agreed 100% and as someone who doesn't play on Freedom, and if it's not too much trouble, maybe allow a limited inventory/item transfer from Defiance to NFI if Defiance shuts down?  

I think if they did that they should limit it to cosmetic skins with the option to regain skin tokens from items 

• Like 1

I have no idea what it would entail from an implementation standpoint on the staff side to execute.  It would be interesting to hear from the staff how intricate or complex this would be because it probably won't be easy.

14 minutes ago, DADLER said:

I think a good idea, players won't feel like they lost work. 

Items going to the new server:
It will make things easier and fun from the start.  But it will get flooded with drake and scale etc. from SFI, so not sure. 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3

Just now, Omar said:

I was thinking of this, it will make things easier and fun from the start.  But it will get flooded with drake and scale etc. from SFI, so not sure. 

90% of the good ###### disappeared with Trash being banned so it wouldn't be as bad as you think.  Maybe an influx of moon metal but that would be it imo

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

I was thinking of this, it will make things easier and fun from the start.  But it will get flooded with drake and scale etc. from SFI, so not sure. 

I think he was just meaning taking stuff back to the NFI Islands, not to the new pvp server, start it from scratch

with SFI they can already just sail stuff back and forth from chaos and other servers

Edited by Zykat

5 minutes ago, Zykat said:

I think he was just meaning taking stuff back to the NFI Islands, not to the new pvp server, start it from scratch

oops thanks, I think a good idea, players won't feel like they lost work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

oops thanks, I think a good idea, players won't feel like they lost work. 

i like this idea would allow us all to forever take history with us 

• Like 1

I am COMPLETELY against this. If I wanted a wipe I would play a different game. This goes against one of the fundamental selling points of Wurm, that being persistent maps being decades old and having a rich history. There is just not enough time in my self's and other lives to have yearly or biyearly wipes.  Perhaps a making a long term plan to merge the pvp clusters would be a better idea. Of course that is a whole other topic on its own.

• Like 1