Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Wurm purge day once a year

We were having the usual highly elevated gl_freedom chat when the purge ideea in Wurm came up and the folk want it really bad:)

So once a year we want pvp enabled on Freedom but server travelling blocked so that the local server communities can vent all their steam off via pvp.

Could also make it so that you announce is comming like 3 irl days in advance and could just have it not count as in once is over you restart the servers with the data from the day before it started so that the people can have a clown fiesta once a year and just toss and burn everything and everybody and then one day later just go back to being nice well mannered wurmians... or you just bambozzle us and not restore the data and be like: "welp looks like you guys will have to start from zero :0"

DkkE9Jg.png

• Cat 2

This happened before.

For a while it was called Rolf's Lunch or Wurmpocalypse. (Not to be confused with the server wipe called Wurmageddon.)

It was such a disaster that it became the spark that created Freedom. People play on Freedom, precisely because they don't want this.

You have your PvP servers. Stop trying to force it on non PvP'ers.

• Like 13

You've had way too much cotton candy, check count on pve/pvp servers.. do you think pvp worths anything in comparison to pve community and content?

Fix pvp issues.. people will go and pvp.

Find what makes pvp in wurm to stink so much that nobody wants to touch it/well only few do/

It's terrible idea which could backfire in really unpleasant ways for the community, population and the servers.

• Like 2

+1 there's passive aggressive pvp on freedom anyways

There were almost 150 players on Defiance the other day, so by all means go pvp there.  

+1 but with a small change to the concept:

Only the OP's characters and deeds get enabled for PvP. This way everyone is happy. OP has his purge, rest of the population has fun.

• Like 4

This would be like a forced day off for me! I chose PVE for the controlled chaos (ie:if I want to go smack around some mobs, destroy my fences or go crazy draining my bank account I made that choice). 
I’d spend the whole 24hours stressing over the possibility that something would go horribly wrong and things couldn’t be put right again. 
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer. Just giving an opinion from someone who chose PVE for specific reasons. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

Rolf stop coming back to the forums

Hello and welcome to Wurm Online! We are the most sandbox text chat feature in the entire MMO universe! We have plenty of options like terraforming and building but we are expanding! We have already added a cactus skin so things are looking up.

There is no need for us to develop and diversify as we are going to live forever (or atleast as long as our player base is alive so we have a solid 5-10 years ahead of us still).

no. sorry i would have joined a pvp server if i wanted to pvp and if forced to have to pvp for this game i will just find another game to play even though i really love Wurm

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-18 Independence Server

Pharrwalker, Caretaker of Fir Retreat Outpost, N-13 Release Server

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Viceren said:

This happened before.

For a while it was called Rolf's Lunch or Wurmpocalypse. (Not to be confused with the server wipe called Wurmageddon.)

It was such a disaster that it became the spark that created Freedom. People play on Freedom, precisely because they don't want this.

You have your PvP servers. Stop trying to force it on non PvP'ers.

And his post isn't anywhere near accurate. This was listed for nearly a month that it was going to happen so people could get off of the server. It was a way for people who had never seen the server before come over from Wild if you were JK or BL/MR. 

Wurmageddon happened some years before.. This "spark" that created Freedom had nothing to do with it whatsoever lol... Quit making sh*t up. 

Your precious sandboxes will be safe until this game finally dies, so don't worry.. make your spindles in peace peasants.

• Like 1

Ummm.... no....

Anyone who wants pvp can go to a pvp server.

No purpose served on forcing anyone to temporarily join a pvp server.

If I wanted to pvp, I'd play on a pvp server. Or visit a pvp server if the urge hit me - the urge hasn't hit, so I've never been to a pvp server.

Force pvp onto me and I quit.

I will never understand how people I see on non-pvp servers can possibly say they want more pvp.  Clearly, they do not. Or they would never be on a non-pvp server.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Holar said:

Your precious sandboxes will be safe until this game finally dies, so don't worry.. make your spindles in peace peasants.

My spindles thank you for your support!

Peace Out~

The Peasant ✌️

• Like 2

I don't think a day is enough for us to get around trebbing down all the ugly deeds and bridges people spam across the Freedom servers, can the time window be made longer?