Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Recent Removals

Hi all,

I’m aware of the stories circulating about the removals of Shydow, Shrimpiie, and SugarFoxx from the Wurm Team. While they all have nuggets of truth, they also miss the critical reason these individuals were removed from the team.

Shrimpiie and Shydow worked together to cover up a situation that involved Shydow’s significant other, SugarFoxx. Information was not only withheld, but these individuals participated in the active investigation while withholding information. In this case, players were punished while a staff member was shielded. That is inexcusable and a violation of our trust in the GM team.

As for personal vendettas, that is unlikely and speculative at best. Enki, Pomona, and I were informed about the covering up of evidence some time ago, but we needed proof. That proof came in December after a long period of discussion. The three of us then discussed the way forward with this information. In the end, removal was the only resolution given the broken trust. Trust not only within the GM team or the volunteer team as a whole but trust within the community.

To close, I wish them the best in their endeavors, both in and out of Wurm. Any retaliation or further discourse from this incident will be moderated accordingly. I wish to put this behind us and move on.

- Keenan

• Like 35
  • Cat 1

So withholding information and getting players banned and they just get removed from staff and not perma banned? Doesn't sound like much justice to me.

• Like 13

To be clear, I know nothing of this situation, and very little about the personalities involved.  

I appreciate both the information you have given as well as the discretion you have shown by not over-sharing.  Thank you for making a public announcement.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atndy said:

So withholding information and getting players banned and they just get removed from staff and not perma banned? Doesn't sound like much justice to me.

To clarify, the bans were justified. We felt that the removal from the team was punishment enough for this incident as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Information was not only withheld, but these individuals participated in the active investigation while withholding information. In this case, players were punished while a staff member was shielded.

So from this we can infer that when those players were banned, a gm (or more) were supposed to be banned with them? Slightly confused on the wording here.

• Like 1

Just now, elentari said:

So from this we can infer that when those players were banned, a gm (or more) were supposed to be banned with them? Slightly confused on the wording here.

I was perhaps a bit vague. I'm trying to not disclose too much information as to protect the players involved in that incident. We simply don't know how involved the former staff member was at the time, and that information is not available to us. That is why we opted for removal from the team rather than a ban. Past jokes of mine aside, I really do not like banning people without sufficient proof of wrongdoing. All we know is they were present.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

I don't buy it. Consider my trust in the team severely diminished.

• Like 9

this should prob just be a muted gallows post, nothing said here will change anything except stir the pot. The decision was made in the best interest of the community. I personally hate to see this for many reasons but nothing will change it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, VirusMD said:

this should prob just be a muted gallows post, nothing said here will change anything except stir the pot. The decision was made in the best interest of the community. I personally hate to see this for many reasons but nothing will change it.

I honestly intended to do just that, however I feel that folks should be able to express their opinions. Should that prove to be more hurtful than helpful then I will lock the thread.

• Like 8

Hope this was about a real serious matter, cause most players like these guys as Gm and as players, and they all have been really involved in Wurm community since years and have spent a lot of time and put a lot effort in the game.
Peace for all, enjoy the game !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

To clarify, the bans were justified. We felt that the removal from the team was punishment enough for this incident as well.

While you say this the staff has been known to ban first and investigate later how is this any different? Staff corruption isn't worth a perm ban but other things that are clearly lesser are not? 

If this how you deal with corrupt staff how can we be expected to trust you. You are more stern on players then the people governing them.. Says a lot.

Edited by Atndy
  • Like 6

And people in 2023 are still saying that staff is not corrupted. Apparently, Steam reviews were right.

Edited by Votip
  • Like 3

Who will watch the watchmen?

I understand GM's cannot have an air of impropriety. That being said, the crowd is never patient.

• Like 1

To those calling for permabans and throwing out labels of corruption - it is clear you do not have anywhere near the full story.

Not only that, you so quickly forget the good work of these staff members and have no idea of the amount of times they went to bat for regular players.

Shame on you all.

• Like 20

The game is worse off for losing three dedicated, talented, and passionate members of a volunteer team. 

thank you for all your work over these years

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 18
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Confucius said:

As with any argument, and also in real life, best to hear both sides of it before jumping to conclusions.

At this moment you're left with what you hear in private communications, and of course different people will have different viewpoints on the issue. The team will eventually put out info, but since this is still an ongoing issue there is no final word about it yet. And we can't really post anything that is not final and confirmed. So please be patient and bear with us.

I am happy to discuss my side of the story with anyone interested. You may contact me on the forums or on Discord at any time. 

• Like 20

I think this thread has run its course at this point.

In the end, I will strive to do what is best for Wurm and its community. If you feel I have made an error, feel free to reach out.

• Like 9