Sign in to follow this  
AgentQwarty

Locked gate default permission

I made 4 marble high iron gates on my deed.  I attached locks to each.  I gave Manage, Pass, and (Un)lock permission to Citizens of my Deed and select others.  The permission window shows I Pass permission but not Manage nor (Un)lock.  This is no true!

I should have those permissions since I am the owner.  I must have those permissions to give them.  I do have those permissions in practice (I can both Manage and (Un)lock those gates).  WHY does the permission screen say I don't have those permissions?

{I can give myself those permissions on the permission screen.}

There may be a settlement role that you do not have. I just made a few gates on deed, and as mayor I have the option to unlock the new gates I made.

Deed can override gate permissions, same with roles, in the far far far future maybe we'd see tips where what we set is somehow ignored or overwriten by different role/deed permission as better way to manage and get what we really want to happen when setting permissions.

Current system works.. but it's really easy to get wrong results with the overlapping and conflicting rules.

On 1/23/2023 at 2:26 PM, fencejumper said:

There may be a settlement role that you do not have. I just made a few gates on deed, and as mayor I have the option to unlock the new gates I made.

I guess I should have been more explicit....  when I said "my deed", I meant the deed I own, the deed I am mayor of.  I was able to able to unlock and to manage, just as I should be able to do.  The issue is, "the permission window shows I [have] Pass permission but [does not show I have] Manage or (Un)lock [permission]."   This is an error in the permission window as it should give me both Manage and Lock/Unlock options (since I am both owner of the deed and owner of the gates).

I hope I have made the issue clear this time.

Edited by AgentQwarty