Sign in to follow this  
Cohenworrior

Wind and horse mills

Why not start industrialization? A master shipbuilder shouldn't be required to cut each and every peg.

I'm not talking steam engines here, though that would solve the wood scrap surplus.🧐

But why not have windmills or horse mills?

Horse mills could be driven by one or more donkeys, making the donkeys more popular, especially those with draft traits. The more donkeys and draft traits the faster the mill works. And of course a windmill would go faster when the wind is blowing harder.

Mills turn felled trees into logs, logs into beams, planks or shafts, shafts into pegs, cereal into flower, milk into cheese and so forth. Perhaps they can be used to pump the water out of a mine.

A millers wages would add 1s to the upkeep of a deed.

We can make the windmill so slow that it wouldn't break the game. If it takes the average players x amount of time to make, it could take the mill perhaps four times longer, but the player could be doing something less boring than grinding 900 pegs.

Or, we could make the windmill a joint project for several adjacent deeds where they each get equal acces using the mill.

Surely I'm not the first to suggest mills, but I'm convinced they would make the game more fun.

What do you think?

Edited by Cohenworrior
  • Like 5

I agree that we can use windmills, but i was more thinking of watermill to pomp up water for an irigation system.

If you can put it on your land the grow of crops will go a bit faster.

something like this: windmill.jpg Waterbaan.jpg 

Anything that will automate  the progress will never be implemented in wurm. 

On 04/03/2023 at 11:57, Stinboi said:

Anything that will automate  the progress will never be implemented in wurm. 

It doesnt have to do anything it can be just deco.

And in real life you have to water the plants otherwise they will not grow.

Edited by Earlmania

8 hours ago, Earlmania said:

It doesnt have to do anything it can be just deco.

And in real life you have to water the plants otherwise they will not grow.

very true, would be cool to have in game, my respond was an reaction to op suggestion, to make mats, 

How about instead of it automatically making things for you, such a structure instead adds a deed wide buff. For example a buff to the creation speed for certain items. This way the player would be able to make such items faster, as long as they keep the mill running?

Perhaps in order to not make this too easy, make it similar to the other deed buffs that exist. In that you need to keep the mill running in order to steadily build up the buff over a period of time, and that the buff will start to decay in strength while the mill isn't running. Some mills could require animals to keep running, while others that function on the power of nature (wind mills, etc) might require constant maintenance as they decay rapidly, or they might simply increase deed upkeep.

Then you could have different types of such structures, each with their own buff. Like the windmill + irrigation system that was mentioned, which could power a deed wide buff related to farming. You could have a mill that adds a buff for the milling skill as well, etc.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, Ecrir said:

How about instead of it automatically making things for you, such a structure instead adds a deed wide buff. For example a buff to the creation speed for certain items. This way the player would be able to make such items faster, as long as they keep the mill running?

Perhaps in order to not make this too easy, make it similar to the other deed buffs that exist. In that you need to keep the mill running in order to steadily build up the buff over a period of time, and that the buff will start to decay in strength while the mill isn't running. Some mills could require animals to keep running, while others that function on the power of nature (wind mills, etc) might require constant maintenance as they decay rapidly, or they might simply increase deed upkeep.

Then you could have different types of such structures, each with their own buff. Like the windmill + irrigation system that was mentioned, which could power a deed wide buff related to farming. You could have a mill that adds a buff for the milling skill as well, etc.

I can support that idea,.