Sign in to follow this  
Gaffer

Hidden mob guarding treasure doesn't spawn

When digging for treasure, I get the message [14:56:01] Creatures are guarding this location still.  but the expected mob never actually spawns.

On the first dig four mobs spawned and I killed 3 of them.    A deathcrawler minion remained but I couldn't harm it due to the venom enchant on my weapon.    I retreated and came back shortly with a weapon lacking the venom enchant but now can't make the mob respawn.

The location of the treasure is at the Wisdom Fist temple on Release at about D14 northeast of Ordinary Outpost.

(For others since I mentioned this on his stream:)

It was likely still spawned and in-world somewhere when doing the second dig, so it won't respawn it. They go back to being hidden after 45 minutes, so if you can't find it just wait a bit before digging again.

• Like 1

A couple hours later I dug again and it respawned, thanks.

Could same hidden creature(s) (re)spawn be restarted and catch up the progress when the digging-for-treasure action is performed, spawn remaining creatures on digging action if the creatures aren't attacking a player*,  that way players cant cheat and solve problems with death evaders, prevent double exploring(going home or doing something else elsewhere and returning to treasure map's location) or logging off at site to wait on a timer and then return to complete a task you were planning to end an hour ago.

Don't know if player's spawned creatures are somehow bound or tracked to map's UID, doubt it, I assume the kill job after 45min of spawning is doing the clean up, but something tracks if map's uid have creatures spawned in the world.. maybe better behavior could be implemented easily.