Sign in to follow this  
goobergm

Welcome to Saoirse Aisling

Welcome to Saoirse Aisling

You move forward through the vigorous portal previously locked behind intricate locks and traps. You're immediately met by a surprising world. A world of lights and colors meets your eye. Thousands of flowers and other lifeforms seem to glow in the greenish sun of this world. You can't help but wonder who or what inhabits this world and you can't wait to find out.
Regardless of the horrible conditions you're at ease and you feel secure in this world. This world is indubitably pleasing and the only real obstructions are your own abilities.

In the far-off distance you see strange shapes of beings beyond any of your own world. Despite looking friendly and docile, you keep your guard up just to be safe. There are traces of feathered creatures, fluffy creatures, and what you think might be bulky creatures of some sort.

You're glad you brought plenty of supplies as you're about to set upon the adventure of a lifetime. But, with a bag of tricks, a cautious nature, and some scouting experience, you know you can fulfill this opportunity with everything you have.

2x 1.5x

4k custom map

free deeding but will need to pay upkeep

characteristics start at 21(loading items into cart has been reduced from 23 to 21)

all skills start at 1

no priest restrictions, but choose deity carefully as you will not have all spells.
Prayers have unlimited faith gains each day but are 20 mins apart per gain.

Characteristic skill gains are slightly increased

Basic start town made around the essentials to get started, public mine(iron, silver and 1 rock wall)
public cook house, public inn with beds, public dock, tree farm, and simple altar to each god. (still 
have to travel to lights to start your faith gains unless player is willing to convert you)

12 hour persistent farm ticks

Map Viewer (pingperfecthosting.com)

The entire infa-structure of the server will be player driven.  It will be a challenge for all involved.  This server 

is intended for a long term play through, not one your fast paced servers.  Gm's will be pretty much hands off, so the player 

base has the creative freedom to build the server up to a glorious empire.  will not be a huge variety of mods, but there is some 

qol mods and few things to make life easier.  If your looking for a grinding good ole time, come check us out.  Server will be 

going live sometime early evening cst.  looking forward to seeing you there.

Edited by goobergm
mistype
  • Like 1

just to give props, want to say thank you to brash endeavors.  i used his heightmap to build our server.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, goobergm said:

just to give props, want to say thank you to brash endeavors.  i used his heightmap to build our server.  

Popping in for a visit ^_^ Looks great so far!! I can't quite recall this heightmap though, are you sure it was one of mine?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If the map was flatter I would join, but looks too much digging for me

Been running around a bit and found some pretty flat areas without venturing very far yet. Its worth taking a look in game :)

Server was down this morning now a password on it and live map website errors out. Server down already or maintenance?

@jpro had some database issues that we are working on correcting.  couldnt get any clear results and same errors each time we rebuilt.  come to find out the script was pulling 

info from both creative and adventure modes in database.  so we switched hosting companies and should be back up running in next 12 to 24 hours.  thankfully we had a back up of mods and maps files. so its a matter of plug and play so to speak

Alrighty. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for when it goes back up!

Interesting setup here, curious how many mobs you got going on in there? Hope you have enough ram to keep up with this 4k map, mobs and of course the players, etc. Wasnt sure if there a libila or bone atlar in there, didnt mention anything about it. Wanted to play a witch and see how that comes out.

Other server admins report that the One Tile Mining mod does bad things. I think you may find that your problems were due to that mod, rather than something PingPerfect have done.

14 minutes ago, zCat said:

Other server admins report that the One Tile Mining mod does bad things. I think you may find that your problems were due to that mod, rather than something PingPerfect have done.

Not only that, i have found way too many mods out there while roaming on a horse for four hours. Not mention alot of critters trapped in the river, lake and ocean and we also have land sharks as well. Kinda weird setup, not sure if this server setup will make it. I have been into several servers later on it will start to hang, slow down and crash. Unless got a super pc running all this! One of those server did came from pingperfect, not sure about the others.

Edited by Darkelf

I have had no issues since they switched the server host. 4K is a rather standard map size, and there are not outrageous numbers of either mobs or mods. Maybe you are thinking of 8k maps which do often have issues. 

4 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I have had no issues since they switched the server host. 4K is a rather standard map size, and there are not outrageous numbers of either mobs or mods. Maybe you are thinking of 8k maps which do often have issues. 

Nope, not the 8k, i know that can be pain if not setup correctly. Stormy Isles had this issues, and its 4k map and similar problems. Such as too many mobs, the chickens overlap by a rooster. The worst parts is all those mobs ended up in river, lake or water areas and not mention the sharks on land. This part will be kinda hard to get to, almost all the clay pits are guarded by handful of crocks and snakes!

Edited by Darkelf

There are a lot of animals/mobs out there, but personally I like that. They may just have the server set that way intentionally. However I have seen a lot of landsharks, and some land octopus which I am sure is not intentional. The initial problems with item piles seems to have been resolved. One player reported that an iron vein was depleted in around 50 hits in the starter mine which is not as it should be, but I am not sure if that was a one time issue. I have also been on servers that ended up removing one tile mining due to bugs, but I know diddly squat about server mods so cannot comment on that end of things :DSo far I am enjoying the server and really hope it remains stable this time around.

Darkelf, there is a black light alter on the map, I can see the pillar of light from my deed.

Edited by Kamiraa
Typo

Landsharks, and land animals  at sea, happen on all custom map servers where someone did not run the "reset database" command when first launching the server. That might be because of BlueFang making everything FTP oriented which probably makes it harder for the server GM to run the command, though I would expect any hosting company familiar with WU to do that automatically when launching a brand new server.  It's not a sign of a general server instability though, just means initial spawns were all placed where they make sense on a generic Ocrea landmass server. After that initial placement, they'll get placed according to where the actual map has land or water.  Seems to me the landsharks take damage fairly fast out of water (and non-swimmer land animals drowning at sea) so it's only really an issue for the first day or two. Fixing it now would cause more issues than it solves by resetting everyone once again. Again, not a sign of general server instability. 

i have never had any issues with the one tile mining mod.  the database issue we was having was that when we ran the rebuild database after installing custom map and content,  it was pulling information from both creative and adventure modes.  it was also showing players that was supposed to be in a certain spot on the map, and database had them located at weird spots with cords like 5900, which is impossible on a 4k map.  we are currently running on 8 gigs of ram.  if server grows to large amount of players it is very easy to buy more ram to accommodate the players.

we have both dark and light priests available.  we are running at 70k mobs and 30% are non aggressive. which i find is a good amount on the map size we are running.  if you want to find out how the server is running log in and see.  also my player base thus far is really happy with how things are.  i am sure they will be willing to tell you about how the server is holding up and running very smoothly.  i have played on quite a few servers from pingperfect and always seen lag issues on every server hosted by them.