Sign in to follow this  
flonkulina

Why not a top list?

I miss a top list in wurm. I mean a website like wurmnode.com (wich is actually very good). But! any one can fake and edit a text file. A site made by wurm developers, having access to the data base and show all skill levels. I understand many might not want to show there skill levels for every one, but it could be made as an option for those who want to. Probably this been asked for before, but. Why not?

• Like 4

Sadly I don't think that this is something that will happen, as it would require either bringing on more developers, or removing our already limited development staff from other game projects. I believe there was a suggestion for Wurm to take over Niarja, but I guess that was also dismissed.

I guess the compromise would be to give the wurmnode admin access to the data base and as such bamboozle him into becoming sort of a volunteer developer since would have to sign some type of user data confidenciality thingy and maybe integrate wurmnode into wurm forums and then dump all the site coding and admin on him and have the devs be free to enjoy the game in VR :)

It should be anonymized by default and opt in to public disclosure. They already have dump capability so it shouldn't be awful to script.

3 hours ago, Reverent said:

It should be anonymized by default and opt in to public disclosure. They already have dump capability so it shouldn't be awful to script.

This would be best case (easier of options) with some type of REST api and even to reduce possibilities of DDoS attacks, wouldn't mind if you had to sign up for an API key in which limited your usage. Then just send a POST/GET request with the key to get access to players that have opt in, then another for each player. 

Edited by polarbear