Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Shydow, Thank You for Everything

I can't speak for all others, but feel like I am surely speaking for many of us, and I'm hoping others will chime in here.

Thank you for everything you've always been for this community.

For all the care you've taken over the years to help those in need of valuable information and guidance. For always communicating with clarity and patience, even when some of us can be dense and slow to pick up 😆. For always being a willing friend. For doing what's right even when it stinks sometimes (personally, sorry you had to warn me the one day, i shouldn't have been in GL at that BAC level! lol). And so much more.

You're appreciated and a unique and special part of the Wurm world, and you should definitely know this and hear it firsthand.

Thank you.

• Like 27

Agreed. CA Help is going to be a quiet *edit: loud and confused* place without you. Sure would be nice to hear some kind of explanation why we lost 3 great staff members.

Edited by Aeryck
  • Like 5

Agreed. Thank you a ton for all your work. That job looks like it could be the 6th level of hell or worse at times, and you have been a leader with integrity and forethought, and have given much to this game and the people in it. I have learned more from you than I could list if I wrote for two hours here. Not one single person is perfect, but there are those who strive to be, and as far as I am concerned, you are someone who lives with honor and forethought. I am sad this happened.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Agreed. CA Help is going to be a quiet *edit: loud and confused* place without you. Sure would be nice to hear some kind of explanation why we lost 3 great staff members.

We lost 3 staff people? Was a goodbye post or something made that I missed? I don't recall seeing anything about this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gnomegates said:

We lost 3 staff people? Was a goodbye post or something made that I missed? I don't recall seeing anything about this.

Shydow, SugarFox, and Shrimpiie

Aye very little word officially, so the rumor mill has been working overtime with holiday pay even.

• Like 4

Out of respect for those involved, I am going to continue to be silent on what transpired. I still consider this an open investigation, and I've reached out for more information.

I will say that I feel this was an unfortunate lapse in judgement that broke trust. A decision made because of a tricky personal situation.

I promise to make a more informative post once the investigation has concluded.

• Like 13

I don't know how these things work in Wurm specifically and am absolutely not digging at staff or staff decisions, but aren't investigations supposed to be completed before resulting disciplinary actions are taken? Again, I have no idea how it works in Wurm and guess I'm just confused at this being an ongoing search for facts if associated discipline has already occurred. Thanks though, Keenan, for speaking up on this, looking more into the situation, and promising to address it more fully in the future; that's absolutely everything we could ever ask for in times like these.

• Like 3

Shydow, Shrimpiie, and Sugarfoxx where all valued members of the staff and I as well would sure love an explanation why the decision was made to remove these three very valued people who have given YEARS of their own time for this team. If I'm being honest, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

You three I consider some of my closest friends and I always know I could always come to any of you if I ever had any questions. I do still look forward to seeing you guys in game still. 

• Like 3

What did I miss ? What happened? Did something happen in Gchat?

49 minutes ago, elentari said:

What did I miss ? What happened? Did something happen in Gchat?

The story has yet to become public knowledge but we basically lost 3 staff members: Shydow, Shrimpiie, and Sugarfoxx. 

So, apparently my previous comment on this extremely unfortunate event was pulled, so lets try again... I'll try hard to not put the master on blast, as I assume that's what got the last one yanked.

Shydow, Shrimpiie and Sugarfoxx are extremely valued members of the Wurm community and the GM crew. They are kind, helpful, thoughtful, considerate people who are eager to share their vast knowledge. The void in the GM ranks that has resulted will undoubtedly have long-term consequences, with the negative impacts reaching the entire spectrum of Wurm community, from the upper levels of management to the lowest brand new player. From my conversations with at least one of those involved, I know that the trust factor between the top tier of management and these three (as well as those of us who count them as dear friends) has been irreparably damaged, and that is a shame. There seems to have been a concerted effort the last year or so by the dev and GM team to win back the trust of the player base after so many years of letting that slide, and this feels like it's undone all that hard work. I do hope that our leaders see the error of their ways and work overtime to repair this.

• Like 6

I also feel it has been a great loss to the community. Setting personal feelings aside, I can say they were all valued members of the community. I see CA Help struggle without Shydow's and Sugar's vast knowledge.   I miss Shrimpiie chiming in on GL getting the crowd back in good order without being too harsh.  It's a sad time in Wurm. 

• Like 3

When i got confused and frustrated with some situations, i kept the questions then asked at a specific time, usually the next day in CA Help channel.
The guy not only has the knowledge, but the ability to differentiate the similarities, also has the profound insight by only looking at words.
I can only see the side of the guy being a helpful helper. Thank you for showing the good side. The other sides? IDK if it existed or not.🙄 Confused as usual.🤭

• Like 1

Tempted as I am to rant here, I will refrain.  All I will say is this:  I've known Shydow for many years and I am yet to see a person in Wurm more willing to go out of his way to help a member of community.  I can attest to his personal integrity and professionalism and trust him with my life!  Whatever it is these guys are accused of, I THOROUGHLY suggest look deep into it and I am sure you will find that it is false.  Clear his name and re-instate him ASAP because we need him!

• Like 4

What transpired has further shaken my already sketchy faith in the direction of this game/ company. All 3 will be missed greatly in their roles and hopefully choose to remain as part of the community.

• Like 5

I can't find the correct words to express how hugely disappointed I am  in the way these people have been treated. They are trusted  respected  and loved by many of the WURM community.   Patient beyond my belief with people in the way they help others

WURM has ripped out a huge section of our collective heart and soul by  taking these from wurm. 

• Like 6

I fail to understand the people who continue to say things about how these 3 were treated, what has happened and the such. Is the Dev team talking on other platforms about this issue, or are people simply speaking on rumors and the such. I've yet to have seen any post here on the forums concerning what transpired. I wish there was more transparency and not silence about what is going on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gnomegates said:

I fail to understand the people who continue to say things about how these 3 were treated, what has happened and the such. Is the Dev team talking on other platforms about this issue, or are people simply speaking on rumors and the such. I've yet to have seen any post here on the forums concerning what transpired. I wish there was more transparency and not silence about what is going on.

I for one have talked to one of the 3 about what transpired. I feel very confidant in the truth of what I was told about what transpired and it's an absolute shame.

2 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

I for one have talked to one of the 3 about what transpired. I feel very confidant in the truth of what I was told about what transpired and it's an absolute shame.

same..

• Like 1

I chatted to one of the three also and I am 100% certain it is the truth. Aaedean in game

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Same here. I feel confident with what I was told by one of the 3 and have no reason to doubt anything I was told about the situation. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 11:35 AM, Keenan said:

Out of respect for those involved, I am going to continue to be silent on what transpired. I still consider this an open investigation, and I've reached out for more information.

I will say that I feel this was an unfortunate lapse in judgement that broke trust. A decision made because of a tricky personal situation.

I promise to make a more informative post once the investigation has concluded.

Excellent 

As with any argument, and also in real life, best to hear both sides of it before jumping to conclusions.

At this moment you're left with what you hear in private communications, and of course different people will have different viewpoints on the issue. The team will eventually put out info, but since this is still an ongoing issue there is no final word about it yet. And we can't really post anything that is not final and confirmed. So please be patient and bear with us.

• Like 5