Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Skins - let us take them off an item and apply to another

The skins are a cool aspect which adds cosmetic pizazz.  However, once a skin has been applied to an item, that is it.  If you later on get a rare item you would like to apply a skin to,  you can't re-use your own skin and are forced to buy one from someone else who saved one.  Since skins don't add any other aspect but a cosmetic one, please allow players to take the skin off and apply to another item (or trade it) if they later on choose to do so.

• Like 7

I suggested a one-use item for sale from a trader that would recover a skin from a skinned item. So obviously I think this is a great idea.

I really don't buy the counter-argument that people who "invested" in popular skins would lose out if the skins became available again. Those people can sell now, and make a profit.

• Like 1

It definitely seems like a fair suggestion considering that there's currently no way to get skins released in previous months aside from trading, which can be difficult for older ones. Next best thing: make skins recoverable from items they're already attached to.

• Like 4

i agree too, however as a trade off the old skinned item gets destroyed.. Think thats fair enough penalty for  skin transfer. Like use the skinned item up to transfer its looks to another

7 hours ago, Skatyna said:

i agree too, however as a trade off the old skinned item gets destroyed.. Think thats fair enough penalty for  skin transfer. Like use the skinned item up to transfer its looks to another

No, it is purely cosmetic, like applying or taking off dye or paint.  If you applied a skin to your backpack you made as a noob which still has sentimental value as it carries your name or you got something from a friend who passed away since and you want to keep that base item even after removing the skin you applied to it for a while, but want to use the skin on something else, it would be a cool QoL thing for many people who like to change their look (or the items on their deed) every now and again. 

• Like 1

+1 but need to be something you buy from trader or with loyalty points