DevBlog

Patch Notes 17-JAN-2023 and January’s Monthly Skin!

Recommended Posts

Server Changelog

  • New : Stopped deletion of old accounts without premium.
    • Historically, we’ve deleted accounts that have never purchased premium time after 90 days of inactivity. Moving forward, we will not be deleting these accounts. The adverse effects of deletion on our customers have far outweighed the benefits of cleaning up these accounts. The effects of this change will be observed moving forward, and other changes may be made to inactive accounts in the future.
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Staff. Congrats Ehizellbob!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Foraging. Congrats Muse!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Botanizing. Congrats Muse!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Coal-making. Congrats Welmari!
  • Bugfix: Fixed the message for missing blank map in cartography table.
  • Bugfix: You will now be able to copy a map from your locked cartography table.
  • Bugfix: Changed message for overlapping survey areas to make it slightly clearer that only overlapping parts have lower skillgain.
  • Change: Village stamps will now work on mini tokens from archaeology
  • Change: Treasure maps can now cross servers and display which server they came from but will be unable to be opened on any server but the original.

Client Changelog

  • Bugfix: Fixed item jitter when placing items in certain situations.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issues with facing direction on surveys when using 3rd person view.

Art Changelog

  • Bugfix: Stone slab piles model will no longer look like a box pile

January’s Monthly Skin: The Bucket Helm!

January’s “Bucket Helm” skin is fashionable and functional, with a solid metal liner for superior protection and blocking out the smells imbibed by it’s previous uses! Available through the month of January in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any Great Helm to give it a unique and fancy look!

skin_february_bucket_helm-1024x576.png
  • Like 10
  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Staff. Congrats Ehizellbob!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Foraging. Congrats Muse!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Botanizing. Congrats Muse!
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Coal-making. Congrats Welmari!

Congrats on some amazing achievements!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Fixed issues with facing direction on surveys when using 3rd person view.

 

Can archery get a similar fix or there are different issues with it? Atm when on horseback in 3rd person archery does not work even when facing the horse towards the target.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

 

Can archery get a similar fix or there are different issues with it? Atm when on horseback in 3rd person archery does not work even when facing the horse towards the target.

If this fix does not resolve that for you let us know and we can take a look at that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

January’s Monthly Skin: The Bucket Helm!

 

I am Groot.

 

😉 Fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • New : Stopped deletion of old accounts without premium.
    • Historically, we’ve deleted accounts that have never purchased premium time after 90 days of inactivity. Moving forward, we will not be deleting these accounts. The adverse effects of deletion on our customers have far outweighed the benefits of cleaning up these accounts. The effects of this change will be observed moving forward, and other changes may be made to inactive accounts in the future.

 

This is a really good change! There's no need to penalise new players who played the game a little bit, but stopped for more than 90 days for whatever reason and now want to come back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darklords said:

If this fix does not resolve that for you let us know and we can take a look at that.

 

I tested it and seems like is sort of fixed meaning that if i try to start archering the mob in 3rd person 2 times out of 3 it failed but if i start in 1rst person then zoom out then i can archer it regardless of where my horse is facing.

 

Made a video for it, apologies for the beeping sound forgot to turn off my wurm assistant that is beeping to let me know the action queue is completed, was doing some tar digging :)

 

 

 

Edited by Cipacadrinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darklords said:

If this fix does not resolve that for you let us know and we can take a look at that.

7tSBnDG.png

[10:56:56] You concentrate on the pendulum.

[10:57:13] Roaming Depot is quite some distance away behind you to the right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Moving forward, we will not be deleting these accounts.

 

Does this apply to old never-been-premium accounts too? Retroactively? .. or will this protection only apply to newly made non prem toons from this point forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno.  It seems to me the bucket helm ought to be something a new player should be able to craft before learning how to be an armorsmith, not a premium-based skin.  Dragonscale armor with a bucket for a helmet, buhahahaha!

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

 

Does this apply to old never-been-premium accounts too? Retroactively? .. or will this protection only apply to newly made non prem toons from this point forward?

All accounts new or old.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best skin ever ! Funny on so many levels and I think a nice response to the monthly skins critics :)

Image a whole pvp kingdom wearing these: The Secret Bucket Society ! Brilliant.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all - grats you persistent obsessed grinders out there! :)

I do really like that bucket helm skin seems like a good fun.

I -think- the deletion of the deletion of the stray alts is a good thing, surely makes my life easier and as such I welcome it warmly. On the other hand please consider a way to allow the owner to delete such an alt for the purpose of making the toon name available again (for example created on the wrong cluster).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd caution that you could potentially have created a very low-effort way to care for a lot of animals for free and at a very low maintenance requirement.

 

I'd keep a close eye on new account creation numbers. You know there's always some people.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a fun skin.
I was hoping the metal/dye color would show on the wood.
It shows on the metal bands. Still fun skin!
image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

I'd caution that you could potentially have created a very low-effort way to care for a lot of animals for free and at a very low maintenance requirement.

 

I'd keep a close eye on new account creation numbers. You know there's always some people.

 

Well-said, Batolemaeus.  The larger the database of characters, the slower the access to character records/information as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the "First to 100" grinders. What were the new titles that were added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chefpeewe said:

Best skin ever ! Funny on so many levels and I think a nice response to the monthly skins critics :)

Image a whole pvp kingdom wearing these: The Secret Bucket Society ! Brilliant.

 

 

It would give new meaning to the term Bucket Brigade. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a cute skin but I do have to ask a worrying question and that would be "Aren't all this skins too immersion breaking?" I mean we had that teddy bear skin, the snowman head thing...we have this bucket skin, at this rate any in game immersion will start to go into the pit. It's just a few steps until we start getting "anime fantasy wings" or character "mini skirts".

 

There are hundreds of nice skins we could get based on historical weapons and armours (Winged hussars look great fyi) that don't break immersion.

 

Maybe I am in the minority here but I've seen enough MMO's ruined by this type of immersion breaking, aesthetic murdering approach where we basically remove all sense of cohesive style in favour of some quick $ selling skins.

 

Just my feedback here.

 

In other notes, I am happy to see characters no longer getting deleted. There never was any sense to delete characters who are non prem since no MMO except Wurm did that and it's just against the current of player expectations.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elentari said:

It's a cute skin but I do have to ask a worrying question and that would be "Aren't all this skins too immersion breaking?" I mean we had that teddy bear skin, the snowman head thing...we have this bucket skin, at this rate any in game immersion will start to go into the pit. It's just a few steps until we start getting "anime fantasy wings" or character "mini skirts".

 

There are hundreds of nice skins we could get based on historical weapons and armours (Winged hussars look great fyi) that don't break immersion.

 

Maybe I am in the minority here but I've seen enough MMO's ruined by this type of immersion breaking, aesthetic murdering approach where we basically remove all sense of cohesive style in favour of some quick $ selling skins.

 

Just my feedback here.

 

In other notes, I am happy to see characters no longer getting deleted. There never was any sense to delete characters who are non prem since no MMO except Wurm did that and it's just against the current of player expectations.

 

The loss of the visual style of the game started at Crow Kingdom and slowly accelerated with different skins.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm in agreement.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jaz said:

I -think- the deletion of the deletion of the stray alts is a good thing, surely makes my life easier and as such I welcome it warmly. On the other hand please consider a way to allow the owner to delete such an alt for the purpose of making the toon name available again (for example created on the wrong cluster).

 

On the point of the names, if this is retroactive, wondering how it will work if the old FTP character's name was later used by a new premium player (having the same name twice in the system). Actually happened to one of my alts not long ago - she chose a name that had been used by someone's FTP account in the past, and she somehow inherited that character's friend list. The old FTP character also had been reported for a violation, so I had to deal with figuring out why I couldn't access the store. A GM actually fixed it for me by renaming my alt, so luckily I no longer have that name. Guess I just fear there could be some messes to clean... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cynndahl said:

 Guess I just fear there could be some messes to clean... :) 

Just ran across this yesterday myself. A couple of days ago I realized that I had let my FTP alt lapse and the name was deleted. When I saw the announcement I decided to re-register it because I like the name and wanted to keep it. I now have the name doubled up as citizens of my deed in the all of the permission lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, DevBlog said:
  • New : Stopped deletion of old accounts without premium.
    • Historically, we’ve deleted accounts that have never purchased premium time after 90 days of inactivity. Moving forward, we will not be deleting these accounts. The adverse effects of deletion on our customers have far outweighed the benefits of cleaning up these accounts. The effects of this change will be observed moving forward, and other changes may be made to inactive accounts in the future.

Faith in development team - restored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2023 at 14:56, DevBlog said:

New : Stopped deletion of old accounts without premium.

How to delete unprem toon since now? I waited 3 months w/o login for move my toon from NFI to SFI for keep same name? How to do this now?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now