Sign in to follow this  
Jotz

Oak Trees/Sprouts deleting themselves after Wild Growth

What happened: I've freshly planted roughly ~40 tiles (first time bug happened) and then ~20 tiles (second time bug happened) of Oak sprouts, casted Wild Growth twice which should have made the trees grow yet they were instead deleted/removed.
Nobody was able to come onto the deed as it is walled/locked, I hadn't failed any of the planting process, and there wasn't any damage to the surrounding trees outside of the area that got affected. 

What you expected to happen: I've been doing this for the past few days without any issue. Planting an area to cast Wild Growth in after getting sprouts down, in order to chop them down when they reached Over Age stage. 

Steps to reproduce: Plant sprouts within the radius of a Wild Growth cast, roughly 4x4 in size, and cast Wild Growth two times with the trees being deleted instead of advancing the stage. 

Additional Information: I understand that Oak/Willows have a kill zone that occurs whenever the server ticks/they grow a stage, causing damage to nearby trees, with 1 Tile at Mature / 2 Tiles at Old. Yet all the trees were Young stage, not having any kill zone radius to them. This is also not the natural process for growing trees which wouldn't cause a server/growth tick to in act the kill zone effect, because we are using Wild Growth to grow them instead of natural ticks. "have a fo priest wild growth oaks trees (if you're wild growth-ing you can have them all packed together, they only kill nearby trees when they age up naturally)" From OR's Grindin Everything. We've been growing Oak for the past few days with this method, roughly 10-12hrs per day, and haven't had this issue before. 

We have encountered this bug twice today, in the span of ~10 minutes, and we are not going to be planting sprouts to see if this would happen a third time as we've already removed a few sprouts as is. 

Edited by Jotz

Not sure if related but i have lost a RL 10 year old oak.

[13:08:45] You see a patch of grass. The grass is medium and seems to like it here.

702d899ccc4f4fd7da52ea4c9d23d1f7.jpg

Thank you for reporting this, the team are looking into it :) 

• Like 1