Sign in to follow this  
Timoca

Increase the height difference when sinking on large ships

Two days ago I noticed one of my ships went missing, it was my Blueberrywood Caravel.

As with most caravels it was a decoration piece, one that just sits there looking pretty but one that hardly ever (never) gets sailed around with.

So I didn't notice it taking damage.  The cog next to it was doing just fine taking little damage so I never bothered to check the caravel.

Also, ships sink when they take large amounts of damage, or so I thought.

Apparently the sinking hardly shows on large ships. So on January 4th it hit 100 damage and poofed.

My request is to increase the height difference of sinking on the larger ships, so it looks similar to what the smaller rowboats and sailboats do.

RIP Blueberrywood Caravel 😪

Edited by Timoca
  • Like 3

It would be good if the "sinking" state (<10ql or >90 dmg or so) would show up in the "Manage Ships" window, like high damage is shown on item lists.

• Like 2

Perhaps a "damaged visible " artwork would be appropriate, similar to the way fences and building walls look ratty and moldy when they pass  60% Dmg.

So torn sails with holes and/or the whole body of the ship suddenly looks worn and moldy?

Food for thought,

Cheers,

Hughmongus

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, HughMongus said:

Perhaps a "damaged visible " artwork would be appropriate, similar to the way fences and building walls look ratty and moldy when they pass  60% Dmg.

So torn sails with holes and/or the whole body of the ship suddenly looks worn and moldy?

Food for thought,

Cheers,

Hughmongus

I would like to see this. Decay is such an integral part of Wurm and there is very little to no visual evidence of it occurring on objects like ships, colossus etc. These items take a good bit of work to create and I don't think it's too much to ask that players are given more and better visual cues that they are decaying away.

• Like 4

+1

Some extra decay gaphics on badly damaged ships would be nice. Holes in the hull, crooked masts, torn sails. Maybe even capsize a little bit.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

+1

Some extra decay gaphics on badly damaged ships would be nice. Holes in the hull, crooked masts, torn sails. Maybe even capsize a little bit.

That would be cool also just as a look.  Ruined ship like it has been in alot of navel battles.

• Like 1