Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Make Warbonus not love

Hi!

What if instead of having it the way it is you just make it so it's increased based on the toons of the deed fighting and dying? This way ppl don't have to grind and sac a billion signs and it will still help the side that is losing fights more often?

Cut the dmg bonus in half of what it is today and instead add a 25% chance to not drop the gear that is scaling and the 25% no drop chance would be at max war bonus level.

And also make it so the war bonus gets added if the toon that died is over 70fs and 50 body to prevent alts galore?

What would the devs gain from changing it? Well more premed toons on Chaos that actually have a better chance of getting into fights than today.

If no drop chance is too much since people could stack it with res stone and mag priest res bonus etc you could do different things like 25% higher chance to land a tame on a hellie or 25% less dmg taken by the gear the members of the deed get from combat etc.

So in this scenario is both beneficial to go out and roam and take fights and it would also help people that are defending their deed against stronger attackers since by dying they will get the bonus higher and quicker.

what billion of signs are you talking about? initially you need to sac like 700-800 pointing signs 70+Ql and then to keep the bonus at max additional 50 signs a day. that is literally easily doable even there's a single person on deed. 

i want war bonus to hunt or w/e i just do this chore. there's no way i would die 50 times on your proposal terms just so i could grind that carving knife skill while hunting a tiny bit easier..

Edited by Skatyna

You must be living alone on your deed because you seem to have no ideea how fast war bonus can decay especially when a single deed holds most of your kingdom members.

8 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

You must be living alone on your deed because you seem to have no ideea how fast war bonus can decay especially when a single deed holds most of your kingdom members.

23 citizens total, decay is 15% a day regardless ur alone or not. You can also sac way above the max 30% war bonus requirement, leaving you chore free for a week or two till enough points drop.. 

said that if you got tons of citizens theres literally no excuse each of the citizen cant make 20 signs a day 1st thing they log in to cover the decay.. takes like 3 minutes of play time.. 

anyways, either take the chose off completely and implement constant 15-20% dmg increase to everyone whos deed bigger than 10 citizens or simply leave as is. having to die to increase war bonus is not the way to go..

4 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Except on pvp servers 90% of toons are priests and they cant imp signs.

yes, you are right - signs cant be imped by priests and no one imps them. Their QL is determined upon creation. And any even mediocre player has carpentry skill high enough to spam 70+ QL signs - priest or not priest.

If that's your logic i guess i can say that even mediocre player has 70 carving knife skill and does not need war bonus to grind it on pve.

The current war bonus system is basically a chore a daily that one must perform just to play the game.

Spoiler alert to you most of the people interested in pvp are not into grinding skills and spamming every passer by with: Hi! Come take a tour of my deeed hihihi!

It prohibits pvp in the sense that you see a tab popping out, you check war bonus, you see is low so you sit on deed or better yet, in your logic, immediately break out 300 70ql signs and sac them and then go out since the pvp situation is surelly still happening 1-2h later.

Everybody hated the wow dailies, this is the pvp daily. No other game system or mechanic requires so much daily upkeep work just to be competitive.

Not to mention that it favors the strong toons more.

A 70 body vs a 30body noobs is still a landslide but now add the fact that the 70body also has war bonus while the 30noob plays with maximum 1-2 people and their accomplishment for the week was building a mine and a 4x4 farm.

Does it not make better sense to have the newbie get a war bonus buff if he gets killed multiple times?

How about starting out groups? Like make a pmk right? Most people wont be 50body+ you work half the day to maintain the war bonus and here comes the enemy with twice the numbers and stronger toons and war bonus. Where does the advantage lie? Clearly not with the new pmk.

Would they not be better server to get a war bonus buff for being raided/slaughtered and have the other guys go. Hey we killed like 20 of them their war bonus must be maxed by now be very carefull they can do some serious damage to us now or maybe is better to take a few days break so their buffs decrease is too risky now.

Basically removing chore based war bonus will make people just jump on the horse and book it toward pvp and not have to check war bonus see is low realise by the time they get it up the window of pvp would have been closed, get depressed and log off.

Sure you could say: well just have all the 70 fine carp toons keep war bonus up all the time, yeah they did that.. and then after doing it for weeeks and month without pvp happening they lost interest.

You want carving knife skill just grind ws on wooden spears and leave war bonus to the pvp servers to fix thank you.

Besides, saccing signs to get war bonus, is from beginning such a stupid idea, who invented that? No logic, no immersion at all.

Wogic?

I suggest to change warbonus boost to bashinf or something

Like at 30% warbonus your maul doing 30% more dmg to towers

15 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Dude, now you are just tripping. 

You are not much of a pvper if having below 30% war bonus stops you from going outside the deed. In fact, you sound like you are willing to be ganked 20 times so you could be left alone for 2-3 days while your war bonus is high enough to deter the enemies from attacking (your own words).

I never said the current system is ideal, its not by far - its annoying and I personally could see it gone, however what you are suggesting is 50 times worse. And to be fair it doesn't surprise me as you even thought priests cant make signs as they need to be imped.. You also refer to skilled players like they get 30% war bonus for free when you have to work hard a week long.. Get a grip, its the same chore for everyone and if one group can do it, the other can too. Your wurm skills must be capped at 20 so its not like you would go pvp anyways if war bonus was removed.. Another excuse would be you don't have sotg, don't have tomes, your body STR is low etc. Pointless to discuss further, peace ✌️

Edited by Skatyna

23 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Get a grip, its the same chore for everyone

Except not all grps have the same capability or time to invest.. so rather than loging on 1-2h in wurm to pvp they have to make war bonus and once they are done getting it back up guess what is time for bed. Excellent mechanic crazy fun was had.

I would have loved to hear your opinion if you had to pet 200 sheeps on the head each day in order to be able to breed 5 traits horses otherwise you have no breed buff you get 2.

9 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Except not all grps have the same capability or time to invest.. so rather than loging on 1-2h in wurm to pvp they have to make war bonus and once they are done getting it back up guess what is time for bed. Excellent mechanic crazy fun was had.

I would have loved to hear your opinion if you had to pet 200 sheeps on the head each day in order to be able to breed 5 traits horses otherwise you have no breed buff you get 2.

Then make the bloody signs, stock 20k of them in small rafts, so after a month of grinding chores you can easily pvp another month chore free. Saccing takes 15sec, sure even you can manage this much within 2 hours play time window.

I never take any excuse to anything saying "i play 2 hours, he plays full time".. there's always some one who min max in game vs casual player. there's always some one who will bring adamantite weapon to pvp (+10% dmg) as he has tons to waste vs your regular iron as you had no time to gather lumps, there's always some one who will have double the body stats then you, there's always some one who will chew 4s res stone so he doesn't drop even a bow sting vs you loosing everything on death etc. 

Once again, in not against removing or reworking war bonus, I'm simply against your suggestion it increased with deaths only. And if you want just pvp 1h a day, chore free then go for it and dont worry about that war bonus or anything else. Enemies don't sleep on it too. Catch them off-guard they wont have time to do the chore to get it, so what's the problem? 

I feel the easiest and most obvious answer is just to make this a PvP change only. Hardly enough folk on PvE care or even know about it to change it. But on PvP it'd be a welcome, amazing change. It's meant to be some weird balancer for lower pop kingdoms iirc but that's easy to get around by just slapping weaker people in other villages linked to the kingdom. It currently mostly serves to just buff up stronger accounts even stronger.

• Like 2

They reduced the bonus in influence but not touching war bonus or acid pots i dont get it.