Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

[Bug] Locked Portcullis Allows Mobs to Walk Right Through

There is a marble building on Indy (at 57x41y on the Albia map) named "Steppe'n out Entry". This building is topside, above ground. Not in a mine. This is at the top of a 2 wide bridge. This bridge is also on the Albia map. So the locked portcullis is right at the top edge of that bridge. A while back a hell scorpious, I saw down the bridge a ways, it came at me I entered the locked portcullis and left. Later I came back and that hell scorp was inside that building. I had no idea how it got in there.

Today, like an hour ish ago, there was a giant rat on that bridge, I led it up to the top of the bridge, I entered that building, then I watched that mob walk right through that locked portcullis. So.

I left another giant rat at the bottom of that bridge if you want to duplicate this.

Looks like a glitch to me.

Thanks your time,

Teeebomb

It may be that the portcullis' permissions had been set to "Allow Everyone" to pass through, instead of just same-kingdom, and so allows mobs through.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scooter said:

It may be that the portcullis' permissions had been set to "Allow Everyone"

Nope. Not in this case. In this case that rat entered the locked portcullis when the door had building settings, which only allowed a handful of ppl to enter it.

Besides that, no matter how it was set, rats generally can not work door knobs, so far as I know in Wurm. … or portcullis knobs, lol. I will leave this to be tested by whoever doubts my assumption that rats can not enter any locked door/gate/portcullis, even if they have permission to do so. I don't think a rat can enter any unlocked gate or door too. I thot only the bipedals could chase me thru unlocked things of that nature

I have since then changed the settings on them two portcullises to allow everyone to enter in case someone wants to test this.

Apparently, mobs can enter locked portcullises at the top edges of bridges. Maybe that is intended? Did not think of that tbh.

Anyways, thanks ur post.

I know that you can lure aggro non-humanoids too out through mine doors that have been set as passable-to-all unlocked.

• Like 1

This is a known bug where aggro's can sometimes enter a building next to a bridge. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tristanc said:

I know that you can lure aggro non-humanoids too out through mine doors that have been set as passable-to-all unlocked.

I think I have experienced this b4, but not exactly sure when it was. I think anyone/thing can exit a mine door, whether its locked or not. Just can not re enter it, unless u have specific perms, and know how to work a door nob.

4 hours ago, Pomona said:

This is a known bug where aggro's can sometimes enter a building next to a bridge. 

Oh ok. Sorry. I did look over the forums for a bridge building thread, did not find it. Maybe did not look correctly. Anyways it was new to me. You can merge this or lock it how u want.