Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Choose your own adventure

You have heard the tale, the legend, of... a unique, you forget which, on Release, hosted at Bruce's Flying Circus N13, servertime Sun Jan 15 21:00:00 CET 2023

timer_E1673812798.svg

The time quickly approaches, you aren't even on Release yet. But you know well that if you set off now, you'll get there an hour early.

Click the options that mark your choice

Do you

Jump in the boat and set off - now!

Spoiler

It's just as well you did this. The weather turned to a light breeze and... dammit, a border crossing issue. The boat's gone across, but you haven't! Disaster!

Put in a ticket

Spoiler

You put in a clearly explained ticket. The GM takes a worrying moment - there's a volume of people they're having to deal with, but they get to you and send you to your boat quickly and politely. You're back on track. Light breeze track. Which side of Release did you arrive on?

North

Spoiler

My, this is quite the distance. It's too risky to do more crossing trickery to come in from the south, after that last crossing issue. You're going to have to sail straight there, or you're going to miss it!

Do you go

West

Spoiler

I'm going to be honest with you, often this is the route I'd take. But I just said "straight there" so I'm going to have to gameover you here. Just the rules of the narrative.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

East

Spoiler

There's plenty enough canals to get you there - Fishy anvil's, Revelstone Canal, then Tarawick... but it's too slow, and too round a route. You missed it.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Through the Great Northern Canal

Spoiler

You're in spawn lake! There's 4 canals out of here

The Great Northern Canal

Spoiler

You just went the way you came. I respect it, but you missed the fight.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Tarawick Canal

Spoiler

Nope. Wrong way.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Heavy Metal Canal

Spoiler

You arise from the canal to a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

2e79a1b35381376e2c08bc796bde4345.png

Banana Canal

Spoiler

Unfortunately, this is away from the slaying.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Into the Trigorn Tarn, and through the Eastern Wall Canal 

Spoiler

This route isn't terrible, but I'm at too many branches already. Have to trim these branches.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

East

Spoiler

"At least it's not the north" you tell yourself. But where next? And pick the fast routes - you're cutting it close!

North

Spoiler

You're going to need to be more direct than this to get there in time!

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

South

Spoiler

Go back a level to the South entry part. You're cutting it REAL close here, pal!

Through the unmarked canal near The Fishy Anvil

Spoiler

See the Revelstone Canal. I'm not doing the same branches twice here.

Through the Revelstone Canal

Spoiler

Ah, Lough Scaith! You can still make it yet... if you choose wisely

Tarawick Canal

Spoiler

Spawn lake! You're so close you can almost taste it... but where now? There's 4 canals out of here

The Great Northern Canal

Spoiler

Nope. Wrong way.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Tarawick Canal

Spoiler

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Heavy Metal Canal

Spoiler

You arise from the canal to a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

Banana Canal

Spoiler

Unfortunately, this is away from the slaying.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Unmarked southern canal 

Spoiler

The south sea... now you just need to aim for the Quicksilver Canal, and you can get there in time! Which way was it again?

Follow the coast north

Spoiler

You find Tarawick Canal. Alas, too late - you missed the slaying

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Trust the west, going south around the rocks

Spoiler

That's it. Now the hard part - the northern quicksilver canal, or the southern? There's two there.

Northern

Spoiler

You emergy from the canal not far from a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

Southern

Spoiler

You emergy from the canal not far from a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

PM Stanlee and ask him to delay for you

Spoiler

No response. Is he deaf to your pleas? (go back and choose a different route)

South

Spoiler

Well this shouldn't be too hard, right? You do need to sail straight there, however! No detours, no round routes!

West

Spoiler

What did I just say about detours? You miss the fight

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

East

Spoiler

What did I just say about detours? You miss the fight

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Quicksilver canal

Spoiler

Wait, the north one or the south one?

North

Spoiler

You emerge from the canal not far from a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

South

Spoiler

You emerge from the canal not far from a wall of names! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

Brand Spankin' New Canal (unmarked, into Lough Scaith)

Spoiler

This is almost definitely the wrong way. Just as you open your map to check, there's an event message that the dragon has been slain.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

West

Spoiler

You're so close you can basically taste the dragon blood... it is a dragon, right? No time to ask, choose the direction that'll get you there fastest!

North

Spoiler

I did say fastest. This is how you lose, not doing the fastest.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

South

Spoiler

I did say fastest. This is how you lose, not doing the fastest.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Banana Canal

Spoiler

Well, it's not direct, but I'll allow it. This once. Which exit do you take?

The first one on the right

Spoiler

You thought this was the joke option, didn't you? You're looking at the map right now, like "I see this is a dead end, but I want to see what humorous stuff Stan has written here"

Joke's on you, there's an unmarked canal on the south of that lake that'll take you straight to Mercury Lake. You're going to make it in time!

Oh wow

Spoiler

Oh wow indeed! You're on Mercury Lake, and from there you can hardly miss the slaying! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

The first one on the left

Spoiler

This has you heading north. That is to say, away from Bruce's Flying Circus, N13. By the time you realize your mistake, the dragon is dead.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

The second one on the right

Spoiler

You arrive at Stan's deed. Unfortunately for you, this is the wrong deed, and instead of dragons you have crocodiles.

ENDING - EATEN BY CROCODILES

The third one on the right

Spoiler

Dead end. By the time you realize your mistake, the dragon is dead.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Straight ahead

Spoiler

Spawn lake! You're pushing it, mister/missus/other! I'm only just allowing this, so you'd best even pick the next option quickly!

The Great Northern Canal

Spoiler

Nope. Wrong way.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Tarawick Canal

Spoiler

Nope. Wrong way.

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Heavy Metal Canal

Spoiler

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

Banana Canal

Spoiler

ENDING - LOST AT SEA

Pick quickly? Don't be so pushy, narrator. I'm going to clean my nails

Spoiler

How very dare you. I am the one in control here!

ENDING - ANGERED THE NARRATOR

The Hollow Canal

Spoiler

You're on Mercury Lake, and from there you can hardly miss the slaying! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

Pointless Canal of Pointlessness

Spoiler

You're on Mercury Lake, and from there you can hardly miss the slaying! You wait patiently for the signup list to be posted in local, and get your name on there. You can now help the Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith blood, and the loot roll!

ENDING - DRAGON KILLER

or

Wait, there's no other option here. Put in a ticket. 

or

wait 30 minutes. There's still plenty of time.

Spoiler

Look, this is a text adventure, and this was clearly the bad option. Things like procrastination are rarely rewarded. I can only hope you're reading this because you're reading every outcome, in which case - naughty! An adventure is marked by adversity, and there's going to be crossing issues and all sorts of delays above. This is the bad ending, of course. You don't make it in time.

ENDING - MISSED IT

or

Joke's on you, Stan. I have someone there to summon me!

Spoiler

Wait, what? I didn't prepare for this! Damn, I guess you're quite likely to make it in time. Crossing issues and where your boat ended up can wait for after the slaying: a rushed GM teleports you across, and your friend summons you handily. Now you're here to help a Red Dragon Hatchling die! Enjoy the hide, the weaponsmith oil, the loot rolls and the long search for your lost boat after!

ENDING - TELEPORTITIS

f860156d1fc83d58ae27bd4ae2d77697.png

God I hope this works first try, I can't find a Preview function.

• Like 38

You've had some good great posts in the past, but this one is spectacular. Well done!!

• Like 3

Thanks, I enjoyed.  After today I needed some enjoyment.  

• Like 2

I don't even go to unique fights anymore but I love how you put this post together lol

• Like 3

OMG i just went back 40 years

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-18 Independence Server

Pharrwalker, Caretaker of Fir Retreat Outpost, N13 Release Server

• Like 1

I am usually approaching from the north and the game felt like it would be real. Good job! Would be even more realistic if the boxes would open with a bit of a lag!

Edited by CalebXephrime
  • Like 1

I'm sad to have missed this, but I will say that I came upon Bruce's Flying Circus by pure accident a couple of months ago, when visiting Release. It was such a wonderful surprise to run into a place so bursting with joy

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, Ayuna said:

I'm sad to have missed this, but I will say that I came upon Bruce's Flying Circus by pure accident a couple of months ago, when visiting Release. It was such a wonderful surprise to run into a place so bursting with joy

You should come to those events sometimes. At one they had a small shop with a counter and everything where they mixed blood. Really cool. And people were like sitting in queue there.

Also tons of players.