Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Traveller's Woes

With the new updates on wurm focusing on exploration and adventure, it might be time to also release some travel QoL content:

1.  Allow tents to be repaired/improved - At the moments tents are a constant pain given their RNG creation and annoying material requirements.

2.  Fix tent locking over server borders - A huge bug that has led to some nasty thefts

3.  Allow us to use rock shards on a campfire to make it semi-permanent (i.e. not decay away instantly when empty) - A nice aesthetic for people who want to make a camp for a week - especially if there is a texture for each rock shard type.

4.  Allow travellers to use a bedroll on a cart to sleep in an unpiloted cart - Sometimes you need to log quickly and it'd be nice to get some SB if its for the night.

5.  Same, but for a boat - See above.

6.  Grant carts/boats which have been piloted in the past 7 days contents protection (i.e. no decay on the contents), and extend this protection permanently on deeds - Decay while travelling is a huge put off compared to life on a deed.  This would help reduce that, and encourage people to get out and about.  Also, I constantly find myself needing to get items re-imped that I keep in my cart!

7.  Add in some high-tier portable versions of workstations (i.e. folding map table, portable kitchen) that use high level skills to create and improve in return for much lower weight/volume - Travel involves a lot of creating random low QL things in the middle of nowhere, it would be nice if some stations were portable!  No-one likes seeing random ovens in the middle of the road!

8.  Add in a lower tier tent/bedroll that decays away in a couple of days for travellers who want to rough it (also helps newer players!) - Travel should not just be for the elite, and it's nice to have a backup in a pinch!

9.  A special item that, when planted, protects a 3x3 area centered on it from critters entering (effectively giving a single safe tile) as long as a tent and bedroll are placed in that 3x3 area (maybe uses a source gem as fuel (1 gem = 3 days charge that only depleats when deployed).   [Fails to function around special locations such as camps and rifts] - Aimed at people who travel often and get mauled by critters when camping (you can never AFK in the wild, a huge issue for the traveller unless you enjoy making random fence pens)

10.  If a player is sleeping in a tent (i.e. using a bedroll on the same tile), protect the tent and its contents from decay - Pretty small QoL change aimed at letting people stay away from deeds longer

11.  Allow players to use a container on a tile to "set up to catch rain", giving a 1KG of water whenever it rains.  Acts as planted for 3 days. - Just a way to get water inland on the go!

• Like 10

That all sounds great.  

I made a suggestion a while back that fits #9, sort of.  Based around a backpack or a vehicle, but includes a tent, bedroll and protected area.

Camping suggestion - "make camp" - Suggestions & Ideas - Wurm Online Forum

And Sheffie made a better suggestion

Caravan

Edited by TheTrickster
other, better suggestion
  • Like 1

I like the ideas of camps and caravans, but I thought something smaller that uses fuel would be less controversial and more likely to make it in game.

• Like 1