Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Nasty Graphics Bug: Unable to access overlapped Window

This bug occurred spuriously since autumn 22, after some OpenGL update iirc. It happens on my linux notebook with OpenSuse (then Leap 15.2, now Tumbleweed) with the Nouveau driver. It became more frequent and happens nearly always, recently.

When different windows are open, and they are overlapping one another, one of the windows, either the lower or the upper (mostly the lower) is not accessible. Clicking on it does not shuffle it up, items in the window cannot be addressed. This is worked around by minimizing the accessible window as far as this is possible (the _ and x not invisible), after that the inaccessible window becomes active again, sometimes even both after maximizing the other window again.

This is extremely nasty in time critical situation in particular when one has first to mess with the broken client before addressing an ingame situation.

Technical data of the box:

Spoiler

Host: HP ZBook 15 G2 A30
 CPU: Intel i7-4810MQ (8)
 GPU: Intel 4th Gen Core  
 GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K1100
 Memory: 15808MiB / 31762

Edited by Ekcin

Curious if this bug is known, and if anyone so far took notice of this message. I reported the same bug (less frequent than now) months back already. It is crippling much crafting, sorting and similar activities. So far it does not even appear to be accepted as a bug.

after another player mentioned this in CA Help they reported running in Full Screen mode fixed it