Sign in to follow this  
TheMacGregor

Disable ESP

Is there a mod that disables some or all of the ESP mod? For some servers it destroys the whole point of the server and now someone has created a client side mod that goes so far as to display mobs and other very fine details on the minimap.

As long as the server sends the data to the client, client side can do whatever you want with it. ESP is only one of public mods which can do all kinds of things with the data that server has to send for the game to be functional.

There are many more and there are private mods which do much more.

Only option to remove that advantage from one person is to allow it for all to use so everyone plays on equal footing.

I have been on servers with a mod that removes ESP ability to see underground deposits. The deposits are still there and it has no effect on the game other than disabling the use of ESP underground.

Edited by TheMacGregor

I believe the anti-xray mod is part of Wyvern's mod collection.  It removes ore veins from the data sent to the client if there isn't air next to them.  It adds a LOT of overhead to the server, but if your server can handle it you have that option.

You can't do anything about highlighting mobs or whatever else ESP does.  The client HAS to know about mobs in the area, or it wouldn't be able to draw them.

There is no way a server-side mod can disable or prevent anything happening on the client side of things, except to simply not provide the client that data, as Locath said.

https://streamable.com/0e0frk

Sindusk released a start to an anti-esp mod(forget in which mod pack) that I upgraded and turned into this at one point, though as mentioned all it does is control the data sent to the client and will only show people in local if you can actually see them. Solutions like this are extremely server heavy and I only had them enabled for players/ridden & led creatures as anything more would lag the server like crazy even after I optimized it a ton.

Server owners have the option of stating that ESP and any other mods you don't like are not allowed.  You have to police your user base and investigate users you suspect of violating the rules, then banning them if they don't stop, etc.

In other words, you can have the experience you want, but you have to work for it.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:51 AM, Ricowan said:

Server owners have the option of stating that ESP and any other mods you don't like are not allowed.  You have to police your user base and investigate users you suspect of violating the rules, then banning them if they don't stop, etc.

In other words, you can have the experience you want, but you have to work for it.

🤣 There is absolutely no way you can know if someone is using ESP. You would have to burn so much time spying on just one person it becomes impossible to allocate the needed time resources. That's all you would do for hours at a time. No, not an option for a sane server operator that wants to keep themselves sane.