Sign in to follow this  
Borstaskor

Treasure maps disappear in to the void

So I lost a handful of maps quite a while back and could never find them no matter how much I looked. My stuff is generally in good order and I know where I got my stuff but I can't do anything about what I can't do so I dropped it thinking probably I messed up somehow.

Fairly recently I put a single treasure map inside my LMC which was inside my large cart. About a week ago, I loaded said large cart in to my knarr which I sailed from Cadence to Melody.

Upon sailing back to Cadence, my map was gone. This is when it clicked for me and I now most definitely remember storing my other maps in a similar fashion.

So uhm, this is kinda bad. My maps are now in the void somewhere.

I made a support ticket to see if I could have someone look for my maps but I was told to make a bug report, so here I am.

Edited by Borstaskor

I have a suggestion if you or anybody else would like to assist diagnosing this problem.

Take another treasure map and obtain it's item id

Spoiler

To obtain item id :-

Place map in a toolbelt slot

Save toolbelt

Log out

In the file wurm\players\<Character name>\playerdata.txt find the entry for the toolbelt slot the map was saved in, for example toolBelt6Slot5=XXXXXXX shows the item id of the item in toolbelt 6 slot 5

Now try to replicate Borstaskor's actions by placing the map inside a Large Magic Chest inside a cart then load into ship and sail to another server and back.

If the map disappears we have the item id to search the database and see it's status/location

Hope this helps.

My mayor lost some maps he had on his toon in a satchel when he crossed from Indy to Xan, so it would be interesting to know if they are gone forever (he is assuming they are).

As far as I know this bug happens whenever a map/casket is not in players inventory on server crossing, but in the boat hold, or in a container like chest/cart/wagon in boat hold.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Explora said:

do we know if they're being deleted or got lost ?

Don't know the technical details, but GMs (with help from devs for server logs) have been able to retrieve some lost maps/caskets. May depend on how long ago they were lost.

The team are aware of this issue, thank you for reporting it again.