Sign in to follow this  
Stinboi

Lets talk Treasure hunts and hints near abondon deeds

Hey,

i need an explanation on how to read this maps thats near abondoned settlements.

Other clues seems to have better map of the area, but when abondoned settlements is in play i cant see at all where this is suppose to be.

Is the point that we should find our trowels and searchg for the deed? that can be very time demanding, or is it simple me thats missing something?

Any advice on how to read this maps are welcome :)

heres 3 examples

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Each one of those examples has roads. I can think of maybe two times I have actually done arch to find the abandoned deed, and that was because the terrain followed a straight line (base of mountain) and the road ran completely straight along the base of it. 

1. Use map to find where the topographical lines for a similar pattern.

2. turn off topo, look to see if roads match.

3a. If roads match in that area go there.

3b. if they don't, look again.

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Each one of those examples has roads. I can think of maybe two times I have actually done arch to find the abandoned deed, and that was because the terrain followed a straight line (base of mountain) and the road ran completely straight along the base of it. 

1. Use map to find where the topographical lines for a similar pattern.

2. turn off topo, look to see if roads match.

3a. If roads match in that area go there.

3b. if they don't, look again.

this is excatly what ive done, looked at one of the map for an houre trying to find anything that matches but with no luck

Grey lines are roads, small black squares tar tiles. X marks the spot and that X on map is at wrong place. Dont worry, i got 3 maps atm im trying to figure out. Good luck.

had an ally member that figure out all 3 in less then 2min yesterday, guess i just need to learn map reading :).

I am planning on writing up a detailed guide on how to read and understand the different maps in Wurm (including the community map)... stay tuned.