Sign in to follow this  
Damascus

Archaeology , Cartography and Deeds

With the addon of cartography to the mix of new things that lets you make maps and add to a wall .

Having archaeology giving you frags and tokens , plus information on old deeds .

What i would like to see is the means of adding deed info from archaeology , deed name , old owner , mayor  , founded and disbanded .

Also how long ago and how long it was standing , the same info you would get looking for the cache  and printed in book .

Being able to make a printed version same as a wall map to add on a wall of old deeds would be nice .

I hope i am explaining it properly the idea i have in mind ..

• Like 3

Good idea. Unfortunately they won't. This would mean admitting that their cartography is imperfect. Pride won't let it.

Edited by Dao

7 hours ago, Damascus said:

With the addon of cartography to the mix of new things that lets you make maps and add to a wall .

Having archaeology giving you frags and tokens , plus information on old deeds .

What i would like to see is the means of adding deed info from archaeology , deed name , old owner , mayor  , founded and disbanded .

Also how long ago and how long it was standing , the same info you would get looking for the cache  and printed in book .

Being able to make a printed version same as a wall map to add on a wall of old deeds would be nice .

I hope i am explaining it properly the idea i have in mind ..

Sounds like a good secondary use for the village stamp :)

6 hours ago, Dao said:

Good idea. Unfortunately they won't. This would mean admitting that their cartography is imperfect. Pride won't let it.

Huh?

• Like 1

+1

I've been storing all info I gathered in notepad. It would be nice to have them in-game.

10 hours ago, Budda said:

Sounds like a good secondary use for the village stamp :)

Yes please! Could use your village stamp on an arch token and then on a map to copy across the info in the token. Would be a massively helpful and cool integration of the two skills - if I wasn't already interested in doing it just for it's own sake for wall maps and war tables, I'd learn cartography just to augment archaeology given a good option for doing that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Budda said:

Huh?

I'll clarify

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/193870-cartography-testing-feedback-wanted

In this topic, the idea was expressed that cartography is an aimless activity. Except for 2 maps on the wall. But it makes no sense to introduce a new profession and upgrade the skill for 2 maps on the wall. Let's find at least some meaningful use of cartography.

It's impossible that you don't understand this.

The answer was "We created it. And you just do it to do it." "...you can consider this our official stance on the matter. " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't argue with the official stance.

Edited by Dao
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dao said:

I'll clarify

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/193870-cartography-testing-feedback-wanted

In this topic, the idea was expressed that cartography is an aimless activity. Except for 2 maps on the wall. But it makes no sense to introduce a new profession and upgrade the skill for 2 maps on the wall. Let's find at least some meaningful use of cartography.

It's impossible that you don't understand this.

The answer was "We created it. And you just do it to do it." "...you can consider this our official stance on the matter. " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't argue with the official stance.

Darklords reply was to the opinion that the skill is "an aimless activity", not that it has no meaningful use. There are plenty of uses for the skill, and if you're not interested in those uses that's fine - you don't have to do it.

• Like 4