Sign in to follow this  
Dao

The quality of the statues

rSreLoi.png

Do you see any difference between these two statues? Not? But after all, one statue is QL80 and the second QL11.

What is the difference between a high quality statue and a low quality statue other than decay resistance?  There is actually no difference. But IRL the difference is clearly visible.

e8gDEKM.jpg

Quality. This is the main word.

Why not make the texture quality of the statue dependent on QL of the statue? From the texture of rough stone to shining polished stone. Not necessarily a smooth change, enough reference points at QL 1, 30, 50, 70, 90. May be a transition to rare at QL100 with some chance. What do you think?

https://i.imgur.com/8bNRqd7.mp4

• Like 6

I like the idea, otherwise improving statues (and not only) that are on deed doesn't matter, they do not decay and visually there isn't any difference.

Not sure how doable would it be, but is a feature I'd like to see in game.

-1 the need of imping statues is not something i want to see, 

I like the idea. But i think it would be best if we had only 3 gradients, where the lowest ql would not make the statue look ugly, but somehow make the highest ql look better. For example 1-29ql, 30-59ql, 60+ql.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

I think that people willing to imp to 90+ or even 100ql deserve some special good ql look, 60ql is low (sure for some regular good look, but exceptional look should be reserved for really higher level than for 60ql...

There is no motivation to imp the statue 90QL+, except want to see signature of its maker more clearly, harder to bash, decay slower offdeed, brag, or just see the number go up, etc.(shrugging)

Have a thought on creating more motivation.

The higher the quality of the statue is, the brighter and less grey the color of the dye allow to paint on it.

For example:

30QL statue only allow 100,100,100 to 156,156,156, can't paint <100 or >156 dye.

50QL statue only allow 50,50,50 to 206,206,206, can't paint <50 or >206 dye.

70QL statue only allow 20,20,20 to 236,236,236, can't paint <20 or >236 dye.

90QL statue only allow 0,0,0 to 255,255,255, can paint any RGB dye.

This create a movtivation to imp the statue for some people, because they want the brighter and less grey dye on statue.

And it fit the Wogic.

It would be nice to have some visual evidence of a decline in quality of statues and I include the colossus in that. I rarely remember to check on the decay of our off deed ones since no quality damage is ever evident.