Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Creating SMART New Years Resolutions! [TIMER ERROR]

Find your new years resolutions mean well but keep falling short? That "get fit" and "stop smoking" becoming every years' resolution? Well look now for something that might help! (no guarantees given, guaranteed)

dd00fb9611874cf5a25d1b71790fed6e.jpg

To set an achievable new years resolution, it's recommended to use the S.M.A.R.T. method to create goals that fulfil the resolution! Here's mine as an example, the resolution is to get fit!

Specific goals that you can hold yourself to! Mine's going to involve a lot of pedal-biking!

Measurable deadlines or actions that let you know when you are succeeding - in my case, I'm measuring minutes, and boy do I need 30 of them daily!

Achievable and realistic goals help avoid feelings of defeat and failure, which can send you into never using that gym membership! 30 minutes is achievable, but I'm making sure to forgive myself if I fail, but also to fearlessly examine why I didn't stick to it so I can get back on track

Relevant goals ensure that your goal has purpose and reaches your overarching resolution. In this instance, I'm quite sure that the pedal-biking will contribute to getting fit!

Timely goals create a realistic deadline you can hold yourself to. How long will it take? In my case this one has no expiry, which perhaps makes it a little poor here!

9e5a4b2bfdbf6325a72eb1c34f6fdd0d.jpg

Here's another goal: killing this black dragon hatchling!

Specific: Stab it in the face

Measurable: Stab it until it is dead

Achievable: Sail out early so you don't miss it! It's at Bruce's Flying Circus, N13 Release

Relevant: Not sure what your overarching goal is, but there's some sweet Armour Smithing blood, dragon meat, dragon skull, dragon hide, its corpse and a rare+ bone going!

Timely: /servertime Sun Jan 08 20:00:00 CET 2023

Discord code <t:1673204400:F>

timer_E1673204381.svg

THESE TIMERS ARE IN ERROR, IT'S AN HOUR LATER

P.S. my explanation of SMART goals is definitely lacking, here's a handy article on it if you want to know more!

Edited by Stanlee
  • Like 25

12 hours ago, Stanlee said:

Specific: Stab it in the face

Measurable: Stab it until it is dead

Achievable: Sail out early so you don't miss it! It's at Bruce's Flying Circus, N13 Release

Relevant: Not sure what your overarching goal is, but there's some sweet Armour Smithing blood, dragon meat, dragon skull, dragon hide, its corpse and a rare+ bone going!

Timely: /servertime Sun Jan 08 20:00:00 CET 2023

LMAO... You seem to be into Project Management a lot.

I will definately be attending this seminar with my close personal asociate  we certainly need to be SMART this year

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-18 Independence Server

confirming this is an hour earlier than usual; at 20:00 not 21:00?

• Like 1

Oops, good call! It's supposed to be an hour later! Classic mistake of putting the time in my timezone.

The slaying will take place at the usual time, this has the bonus of not being double-booked with the nearby rift! If you're early and read this, go rifting maybe!

• Like 1

I considered setting an alarm to wake up for this, seeing it is very early morning*.  Unfortunately one of my SMART goals is to get into a routine of non-vampire sleeping hours...

Hope everyone had fun, and thanks Stanlee for making these public.

* After midnight but hours and hours before sunrise i.e. the ideal time to find random skills to grind in Wurm

• Like 2