Tukodama

What QoL changes would you like to see in 2023?

I would like the completely idiotic and braindead "feature" of "You must not move .." during digging for treasure to be removed once and for all.

I do not see any sense in not moving while digging. While standing on a tile you are even able to point to the 8 adjacent tiles to dig for treasure  (I am not fully convinced that you indeed dig there and not on the tile you are standing on, but it seems so, as pointing one tile outside triggers a "You are to far to do that" like in farming, forestry etc.). So you prolly may dig for treasure on the nine tiles around you while a single movement (often caused by lag even if you did not do anything) cancels the action. This is no phuqing priest spell, darnit!

• Like 2

Speaking of movement cancelling an action, I can move while making a wall or a fence (more about those in a bit), but not while making a floor, ladder or staircase. That seems silly. We should be able to make and bash walls, floors and fences in the same way. And speaking of fences, why the arbitrary restriction of having to be on the tile that the fence is being made? I can make walls and floors on adjacent tiles, why not fences? Consistency is a major part of QoL when playing a game, it's a theme running thru a lot of player's suggestions above.

• Like 5

i forgot horse tools.  like a pull behind plow that allows 4 tiles to be cultivated at the same time.

I think wurm unlimited someone coded 4 tiles or 9 tiles at the same time.  

just think it would be cool to one day add horse type tools.  oh and a tree hulling wagon.  mainly a wagon skin to look like logs/trees filled it.

• Like 3

Not *exactly* QoL but I would love to see more options for particularly female haircuts, they're so dull, boring, and boxy compared to men who get so many more options

• Like 4

One easy implementation would be removing the weird requirement to be a God's faith to build its colossus. They aren't tied to domains or anything so i dont see the reasoning behind it and it makes building a difficult item a pain.

• Like 6

Improve the ingame maps.

Fairly sure when I asked it's because the resolution isn't very good and that's why the H and K look very similar. Would love to have a pass done on them to maybe allow them to be sized/stretched or maybe just redrawn totally to be more up to date, with better scaling in mind from the start.

• Like 4

Can we please get to plant sunflowers, get sun flower seeds, and roast the seeds, and make oil?  
Also, would love it if you could add more dishes, like the Eastern European summer salad? ( chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, sunflower oil, salt)
Ditto with animals. Especially ducks, goats, and geese. 
Lastly, it would be great if we could get treasure maps that don't have the location of the treasure to the top of a mountain with no way to getting to the top other than creating your own tunnel. Just saying. 

22 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Not *exactly* QoL but I would love to see more options for particularly female haircuts, they're so dull, boring, and boxy compared to men who get so many more options

+1 And being allowed to dye tabards. 

• Like 2

One pet peeve requested by players every year for the past 15 years is the fact we still don't have sword sheats / weapons in a belt. It's quite ridiculous in 2023 in a MMO for characters to walk around with swords drawn everywhere.

I know animating models and adding stuff like this isn't easy. It's 1000 times easier to tweak values in any code, but adding sheats + weapon belts takes longer. But it really adds to the immersion and overall quality of life for the game. I am personally tired of walking around with a huge axe that constantly clips through my horse or other people.

Hope 2023 is the year we get some fix for this. A cynical hope...but it is what it is.

• Like 4

what i would like the most is to be given an option to turn off the sounds of Fireplaces/forges/ovens and this is the most important one please please give us a way to turn off the sound of eating food, some of us suffer from a mental desire to rip other peoples heads off in real life because of the way that they chew their food, i really sometimes feel like throwing things at my computer when this sound erupts whenever someone around me eats or i eat. I dont even play the game with ambiant sounds or footsteps because it causes massive lag spikes competing with my music player. but since i got a new pair of headphones for my computer it has been even more annoying to hear either of these obnoxious sounds that can not be turned off without losing combat sounds

Edited by kordethbludscythe
spelling edit

On 2/22/2023 at 11:55 PM, elentari said:

One pet peeve requested by players every year for the past 15 years is the fact we still don't have sword sheats / weapons in a belt. It's quite ridiculous in 2023 in a MMO for characters to walk around with swords drawn everywhere.

I know animating models and adding stuff like this isn't easy. It's 1000 times easier to tweak values in any code, but adding sheats + weapon belts takes longer. But it really adds to the immersion and overall quality of life for the game. I am personally tired of walking around with a huge axe that constantly clips through my horse or other people.

Hope 2023 is the year we get some fix for this. A cynical hope...but it is what it is.

Another one that needs to be hearted more than once.  When a weapon is equipped it should be in its holder when nothing is targeted and only in the hand once something is targeted (i.e. "combat ready").

Although, it is funny watching Ultradude run around like he's holding ski poles upside down.

A scabbard doesn't have to be hanging from the waist getting in the way, if we used the backpack slot, we could have our equipped weapon on our backs and just reach behind our neck and grab our active weapon when going into combat.  There's loads of options to think about if and when the team redoes the character graphics, and it really deserves its own thread. :) 

• Like 1

Ability to use bank funds when interacting with a Merchant.

Basically  being able to click a button called Use bank funds in the drag the coins window or have a right click option on the Merchant's menu called: buy with bank funds.

• Like 7

Be able to cast widsom of vynora on lib follower and priest on pve servers or get an equivalent spell for libila priests.

Make fireplaces, forges, ovens and such be fillable with fuel even if not lit: just change them so they will have a "fuel charge" that is visible in time of how much time the fire will be lit, QL of the structure will raise the max fuel you can add, and make them possible to snuff the fire with another command to preserve fuel. This will make easier to understand how much fuel will last and store firewood without filling so many bsb's, also will make some form of fuel give more time than others, with peat beign the best fuel form.

• Like 1

Took a look back through the topic, I'm a little shocked that this one hasn't come up already:

Tweaking 'Dig to pile' so that it works consistently.  I still can't figure out why sometimes I'll successfully dig to pile and sometimes it will still dig to inventory.  Surface mining doesn't have this issue, and it would be nice for 'Dig to pile' to be the same - especially for large terraforming projects.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Took a look back through the topic, I'm a little shocked that this one hasn't come up already:

Tweaking 'Dig to pile' so that it works consistently.  I still can't figure out why sometimes I'll successfully dig to pile and sometimes it will still dig to inventory.  Surface mining doesn't have this issue, and it would be nice for 'Dig to pile' to be the same - especially for large terraforming projects.

after landscaping for past few days i too had issues. but then i recalled a keybind option to dig to pile.. since then no issues  just use a key other then defult F key  .  till it gets forced by our option selection. 

18 hours ago, Sidereal said:

I think it has something to do with which tile you have moused over/selected when you queue the action. When I try to dig by mousing over the tile I'm standing on, it always works and digs to a pile; but mousing over a different tile (even 1 tile away) and pressing f or my dig keybind to dig always seems to put the dirt/clay/whatever in my inventory.

I think it's probably a bug - there's not really a reason for it to work this way, and it's inconsistent with surface mining and mining floors in caves.

• Like 2

Allow sailboats to carry a small amount of crates, even limited to only small crates.  I am thinking like 5 small crates or 2 large crates, which would be very useful for newer players, but not game breaking.  

• Like 2

Would be lovely if we could first aid by pressing the first aid hotkey while mouse overing over the body in inventory and not have to expand it and scroll to each individual wound 3eQcFLW.png

Window collapse option on crafting window, maybe my memory is failing me but I think it used to?

And prompts when affinity timers run out just like sleep bonus.

Make the specific action of a holy site behave like a rite spell, as in do not show up in the list if is not available and on cooldown. 

This way people can just see if they can use it or not by just right clicking the holy site and if the action is there then is off cd if is not they know to just check later.

Please allow groups of deposit chips to be deposited at one time rather than the click fest of depositing chips one at a time.