Tukodama

What QoL changes would you like to see in 2023?

2 hours ago, Adnurak said:

My suggestion: Make embark - commander/ride keybindable pls. Would love to be able to expand and collapse stacks in the UI with a keybind too. Fewer clicks for everything, save my poor clicking finger.

Yes Please!

While you're at it, making our Quality of Wurm Life better, could we please be able to keybind all of the building commands, at least things like Build>Wall, Plan>Floor Below/Above, etc. And if you really want to improve our QoWL give us a keybind to be able to take directly from a bulk container and Add to Crafting Window, limited of course by what we can carry. That'd be so much better than the current Drag from BSB/Crate>Enter amount to take>Drag from Inventory to Crafting window>Combine. Just made a bunch of slabs last night so there was way too much mousing around to get that accomplished.

• Like 1

Make a way to organize/sort meals or other items by their renamed name in parentheses. Or allow to search for a parentheses name. Make hunting for the right meal in the larder or LMC MUCH easier.

• Like 3

Settlement token relocation without disbanding

Edited by Tor
  • Like 6

Be able to equip red hot horseshoes and saddle. I know is not realistic but since you had to let us be able to equip redhot plate armor and such (because of pvp reasons right) you could make it so we can equip red hot horseshoes and saddle aswell, please!:)

P.s. No, i dont wanna fiddle with a cauldron in a non lit forge to cool them down.

let masts and seats fit into bulk containers, every other ship building part was changed to fit into bulk containers but those were forgotten.

Just ran into this again: when you make wires you produce metal scraps that are 1/10 the QL of the original lump (and there's probably some other things that make those god-awful low ql scraps). Anyway, this mechanic seems completely unnecessary and is just a real QoL downgrade

• Like 5

A couple of basic things:

-More ash, lava creatures to drop in loot, more per campfire. 

-Being able to "hotfill" pans with a shift drag type command with meats and veggies.

-improve improve mod from unlimited Being introduced into WO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

Just ran into this again: when you make wires you produce metal scraps that are 1/10 the QL of the original lump (and there's probably some other things that make those god-awful low ql scraps). Anyway, this mechanic seems completely unnecessary and is just a real QoL downgrade

rivets still make them too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

rivets still make them too.

well, add those to the list of things that have this horrible mechanic that needs to be changed. At least with wood scraps you can turn them into kindling, do a couple other things with. All you do with these scraps of metal is get annoyed and lower the ql of your stock of iron if you put them back in

• Like 1

Roofs!! (sorry for spamming this thread, but as I encounter things that annoy me I might as well point them out as they are severely impacting my own QoWL (Quality of Wurm Life) and most likely other's as well).

Anyway, roofs are annoying. Only 4 options. No choice in pitch, so as buildings get bigger the roof starts looking comically ridiculous. No ability to break a roof up over distance other than putting in a break or floor above/below the current level. The roofs in our Wurld need some attention please

• Like 4

1. one thing that bugs me is the point of parent skills.  from what i hear they are mostly useless.   make them useful.  EG.  smithing for every 10 levels of skill . the creation QL should be time X amount.  and improving items in that skill should imp QL times X amount. or decrease the time of creation, most parent skill could just help with that.   or even cooler.  parent skill  affects skill gain 10 = 0.1 bonus  50 = 0.5 bonus .  not sure what balance should be done. but make them all do something or remove them.  we need carp cus it does something, planning buildings and creating things.  but smithing. why is it there?    also characteristics parent skills same issue.  give better skill gain  the higher we go. 

2. and for the love of Vynora  please let us key  escape to close windows...   (more key binding options)

3. one old thing i find odd since starting playing so long ago.  is why do i have to grab each item to add to something.  by that i mean  i work on a house wall with a hammer and just need planks in inventory. but making a crate  we don't use a hammer  we have to put planks in hand and then nails.   not to annoying when only a few mats. but when a larger thing, having to add 6+ items manually vs just having in my inventory and use a hammer on the item.  even in crafting window.   bridges are a perfect of doing it right it shows you what you need and what you currently need in inventory to do next step.  it would be better UI and game mechanic wise to just need items in inventory and have correct tool activated on in crafting window vs mats

4. someone stated slow down decay on frypans in forges and ovens i agree way to fast. would makes sense if cooking they took decay but they decay all the time.  I have pans from my grandmother in the 1950's  they don't decay like that....

5. settlement roles. please add select all so we can start with that and remove the 1-2-5 things we like vs spending so much time adding 89-100% of the roles we want to add.  or copy roles we make a template for.

6. option to remove  disembark from F default action key. not fun picking sprouts and jumping off horse cus of miss clicking.

7. wall placements i hear are coming and will come slow I'm good with that, been waiting years. a few things added per month would be nice patch note wise.

8. i think wagoneers should have runes attached and allow us to ship a full FSB or BSB.  

9. love in 5-10 yrs we can have shipping wagoneers cargo ships lol,  to cross servers from one wagoneer to another and continue the shipping.  cus i'm lazy and hate sailing.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Sadly, I can only heart a post once.

Yes, this also happens with rivets, and I am sure I came across something else, but cannot recall what it was.  

EDIT:  Amour chains!

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 4

The ability to bash house walls regardless of your body strength on PvE servers. Also, increased bashing damage against house walls on PvE.

Fixing the whole "You are too far away" nonsense when picking up items from piles and certain containers. If you can open and access a container/pile, then you should NEVER be too far to pick up items from it. Period.

Improved improve from WU

Opening windows should ALWAYS, AUTOMATICALLY accomodate the text inside them and resize accordingly.

FIX gold/silver lumps. How come that i can improve a necklace with 0.10kg lump, and use up the whole thing in the process BUT i can also do it with a 0.01kg lump????! Also creating some items will also automatically create a byproduct of a low quality ore. Why? Both of these should be simple fixes, yet have been in the game for DECADES and are some of the most mind boggling, most annjoying things. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 2

Performance QoL. Cannot play wurm on high setting on a brand new PC. Main FBO lighting and reflectivity on windows is ######, The steam deck can play wurm on high settings no issue.

More shop signs to go with main and sub skills.

All actions bindable YES ALL ACTIONS. Save our damn hands.

The ability to make missions or quests, payable with rewards and items. specific mechanics to go with it.

Higher smoke effect from fires.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 5:22 AM, Tor said:

Settlement token relocation without disbanding

Huge YES on this one!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kaidley said:

All actions bindable YES ALL ACTIONS. Save our damn hands.

Oh god please yes. I am really tired of some actions being right click only or double click.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elentari said:

Oh god please yes. I am really tired of some actions being right click only or double click.

you can keybind "examine" and "activate", unless you have other in mind, just not possible for these two with quickbinds.. "examine is ICON, not menu option to hover and keep a key to quickbind.... activate just does not exist as menu option, besides 2x click or toolbelt slot to perform such action, at the same time it's perfectly normal keybind, both are listed on the wiki page for keybinds; alternative pain to open settings, find right action and keybind it from there is there for whoever find that pleasant alternative also

for everybody else F1 console:

(for example..)

bind q activate

bind e examine

Being able as a priest improve a item to 30 QL and no penalty/faith hit .

fix chain jacket requires more skill than any other armor part to be made...seriously.

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

you can keybind "examine" and "activate", unless you have other in mind, just not possible for these two with quickbinds.. "examine is ICON, not menu option to hover and keep a key to quickbind.... activate just does not exist as menu option, besides 2x click or toolbelt slot to perform such action, at the same time it's perfectly normal keybind, both are listed on the wiki page for keybinds; alternative pain to open settings, find right action and keybind it from there is there for whoever find that pleasant alternative also

for everybody else F1 console:

(for example..)

bind q activate

bind e examine

There are many actions that are not bindable via console, nor via the keybinding in settings.

• Like 1

Remove branded champion creatures from pendulum results, please and thank you

A QoL feature that I would like to see is for the last stage of crops to last longer before decaying. It feels bad when you cannot log in for a few days to harvest the crops around the time that your crops have ripened. Then when you are able to log in, half the crops are decayed. As well, an active player who is only able to log in a couple times a week would have a really hard time to engage in farming at all due to this. I think that a good solution for this issue is to make the last stage (the ripe stage) to last about 3 times as long as it currently does before decaying. 

• Like 6

• Please add a 'gauge' or message or UI mouseover to show if a still boiler is empty / needs refilling or if the condenser is full, or failing that an error message to say it's empty when I go to light it. Saves opening a separate window every time to check levels before *each* still is lit.
  • Please add the RGB dye colour(s) of items to the UI mouseover text, and add a colour swatch (a rectangle in the dyed colour) - so that we can see immediately if something is dyed - particularly on items (such as Hotas) on a merchant before buying them and on items in a seller's inventory before trading them etc.
  • Like 2

Give Libila priests a spell that can be casted on lockpicks and will make them immune to breaking as long as it's used on a lock that the player picking owns.

Basically will make it so that we can create unbreakable skiller locks to grind the skill but if used on someone else's lock it will still have the normal break chance.

> Erupting requires that the tile is not in the domain of any god that isn't Magranon. In other words, it needs to be within Magranon's domain or no domain at all

Let Libila cast Erupt in own domain too because otherwise how is a BL path of power toon supposed to make a lava tile on their own deed when you need to be in domain to benefit from the CR domain bonuses?

Edited by Cipacadrinho