Tukodama

What QoL changes would you like to see in 2023?

We do have a combine keybind actually. I use it all the time. Just double click on any item in the stack and use the keybind on the stack list to combine them.

In no certain order of importance....
1. Make creation signatures a solid thing that can't be erased by examining. The people who made them matter.
2. Display shelves that work like magic chests. 

3. Skin color for toons that is not white. It is frankly appalling that we still do not have this.
4. Cummulative decay is brutal, and what I specifically mean by that is if something is taking damage on a deed but isn't shown to be taking damage, it should not suddenly accrue all hidden damage at once if it is moved. (things in magic chests, boats, etc)

5. Did you see number 3? Really, Please handle that.

• Like 4

Personal branding for animals

custom UI options

client performance optimizations

measuring jug being compatible with recipes with 1 fill

increased maximum slope for concrete

Max QL cap on a crude fence, or new easily destroyed fence type

Just ran into this. We can put fencing in our arched walls but not hedges? I'd like a hedge in my arched walls

• Like 5

On 1/1/2023 at 8:02 AM, gnomegates said:

1. Closer access to Ships/Wagons/Carts. I get tired of being able to open up a wagon, but when I go to drag something out of it I get told I'm not close enough. Increase the area around vehicles for easier access.

2. Load/Unload Mailboxes + Altars. There is no real reason on PvE we cannot do this. Make it so that they have to be dispelled first if you like, and then recast/blessed to be used again..

I love exploring around and it's annoying (and a bit dangerous) when I can't get into my boat because I'm not close enough! 
Also, on my deed there are altars of other gods that I can't remove. I want to be able to pick those up and move them off deed.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 2:57 AM, Tor said:

Personal branding for animals

Also being able to brand animals you just bought with your own deed's branding iron that only you can use. Like, use that branding iron on any deed or wild area.

On 1/1/2023 at 6:21 AM, Tukodama said:

E:) Please allow us to expand columns in bsb's, bcu's, crates, etc...  especially the volume column, which is always cut off at the last 5 digits, (ie xx444.44)

Also, maybe give us an option to not have things automatically go to the average QL in the food bin, bsbs, and crates. I'd have less crates and crate racks and less of a mess on my deed!

On 2/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, elentari said:

Just double click on any item in the stack and use the keybind on the stack list to combine them.

That's handy, but they could eliminate that double click requirement.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:35 AM, Finnn said:

+1

Affinity system needs an update.. both drinks and food should be possible to be:

- gained

- removed

- reset timers(having 1-15min left or an hour but you have food with 5h buff.. just get somehow a reset at full 5h instead of fraction by continuous eating/drinking; it's a nobrainer and makes a lot more sense than WAITING... for it to expire to rebuff again)

- continue timers(important probably for just new players(lower skill on hfc/beverages) achieving low timers but bidding on raising them trough continuous eating)

System should be simple.. not forcing gameplay into hoarding bulk of something to consume to puke and remove buffs, then rebuff, etc..

(keybinds if possible will be great, where it makes sense and action is to be used often)

FIX Measuring jugs... let players right click and select exact amount which they could type-in.. to set it, it's needed for a lot of recipes, recipes are strict, let players have this... maybe limit it to 50 or 70 cooking skill to see and use the option, as to .. having Chef title mean something..

While drinks are affected by amount/ql/type and ingredients rule affinity, we can split liquids easily with no penalty; THAT'S NOT THE CASE for food... food requires the player to hold the food to cut a portion, let players cut portions in containers like magic chests/larders/etc.. 

- in addition let player nibble or w/e.. just eat bare minimum amount of food to buff with food and not continuously eat(for years we select several foods.. click eat and MANIACALLY SPAM PRESSING ESCAPE, we need and do use this daily;

...actually there what we miss is way to split per action liquid.. like dropping 0.47 water into a pan/bowl or w/e.. to make tea; while bulk liquid/tea cooking is kind of not needed, it's still useful for RP and normal play to sip liquids and not go through some rocket science to select several bits of liquids.. move them around, get extreme chemist master universe ruler title and then you're done... you've poured 10 beers for your friends, at perfect proportions.(it's useful for tea(other drinks)/pizza/etc.. cooking in lower or higher bulk cooking)

While at it.. allow at last stills to drip like there's no tomorrow.. or some decent rates... refer to real life.. it doesn't take 24hours to distill 0.20-60kg of alcohol.

3 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

That's handy, but they could eliminate that double click requirement.

You'll easily make irreversible mistakes with enchanted items which could be combined, like coc/woa/botd clay, strings, etc..

Activation to combine seems reasonable..

If you have to activate and combine a lot.. I'd recommend keybinding "activate" and "combine" actions to save double clicking and pointing around, to me.. seems faster.

Quick-keybinding does not have way to keybind "Activate" or "Examine" actions, even if examine is part of the UI.. it's not possible to make a keybind without going into the options for keybinds, activate is afaik not available in any menu.. only a hidden keybind you need to know that it exists to use it from F1 console or going into settings/keybinds/ and then setup to use it.

1. Hairdressers and barbers at spawn points where we can change hairstyle/facial hair or colours for a few coins

2. Lower BS to 20 for noobies who want to get rid of one wall in their house rather than have to poof the whole house and rebuild the whole thing when they want to do minor modifications like change a window to a door

3. Lower BS to 20 for people who own a deed but want to get rid of fences, flowerboxes or walls, on their own deed

4. Mayor to move/destroy/rotate the colossus on their deed

5. Dyable everything including wagons with blank canvas to dye a colour and the wood part can be painted another color (like beds and ships), white carpets we can dye

6. Stamps for said carpets and banners and flags and wagons on the canvas parts (e.g. similar to stamps on cartography but we can put it on carpets, beds etc.)

7. Toolbelts or something similar where you can load a configuration with all the tools and mats you will need to imp some item/items and then state the config you want to use for this imping session, and the config automatically chooses the correct tool and mat when it gets to that item's turn to be imped (regardless of whether you have one item to imp or click on the list to imp a bunch of items in turn). You can still drag in and out the mats e.g. if the lumps need to be made glowing again, you can drag it out while the actions finish, but the imping process will continue to use that config when you imp items

8. Creation window update somehow, not sure

9. More deco for horses e.g. flower necklaces we can weave

10. Diagonal walls and fences

11. Quarter or half circle walls or fences

12. Small carts that can be dragged by a donkey or pig and the player can either lead the donkey (dragging the cart) or ride the cart (noobie upgrade)

13. Co-mayor permissions where you choose a char and have ONE BOX to tick all the permission boxes and the person has exactly the same rights as the mayor (including naming branded horses)

14. Visual queues when horses are diseased (similar to how fruit trees show fruit) so e.g. flies buzzing around a sick horse, so people can see from a distance without having to mouse over the horse

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 2

It would be cool if you could also use the mouse wheel, for example to select the tools on the toolbelt.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

5. Dyable everything including wagons with blank canvas to dye a colour and the wood part can be painted another color (like beds and ships), white carpets we can dye

6. Stamps for said carpets and banners and flags and wagons on the canvas parts (e.g. similar to stamps on cartography but we can put it on carpets, beds etc.)

Really like this!

• Like 1

Sort out take/drop distances properly and consistently, and the messages that generate.  "You are not allowed to do that" is useless.

Also sort out transferring between containers so it doesn't have to go through inventory.  While you are at it, let multiple item types be transferred with one action (or even as many actions as the character can queue would be an improvement on the current 1 variety at a time of each item).

Don't make me stand IN a ladder to climb it.  

Allow crafting bulk items from bulk items within containers (e.g. bricks from shards).  Having to repeatedly take, combine, make, drop, repeat, is a nuisance.  Simply allow bulk materials in containers to be added to the crafting window, and if the result is bulkable create it in the same container.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

Many times I've seen new folks not understand what "gl freedom" and "freedom" mean. Maybe rename them to something like "global" and "#current server name#". 

• Like 4

I'd personally like to see more text colour customization available. For me personally, particularly the green text used in village / pm tabs is hard to read, where a blue or grey would be fine. 

• Like 1

Make items placed on top of a cupboard (and several other objects) not drop to the floor if the furniture piece is moved/picked up. 

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 3

Would it be possible to let priest improve a item till 30 of said skill then get a warning going against deity ?

That way i could raise a skill to a point i can make certain lvl items for journal allot easyer then making 2k of said items ?

• Like 1

Allow us to first aid while moving. "You are now too far away to firstaid" is annoying and inconsistent with the game's logic. We're allowed to butcher and bury animals from horseback, but can't bandage a wound on our own body.

Similarly, being able to eat from a boat, repair and improve the boat and things inside it while moving would be nice. The boat is moving along with us, so it feels nonsensical to get a message like "you are now too far away to eat/repair/etc". 

• Like 3

Few suggestions:

fantasy-medieval-castle-and-terraforming

BUILDING AND TERRAFORMING:

• Porticullis windows - new window type that looks like a porticullis gate but without wheels
  • Exterior stairs - stairs, that could be planned the same way as bridges, but without requirement of gap beneath, so could be planned not only outside of buildings but also on the hillsides
  • Interior stone stairs - addition for the existing stairs
  • WIP bridges and buildings fix - we cannot plan a building when we have unfinished bridge. Those things should be separated.
  • Bridge ownership menu - you cannot pass ownership, so only original builder can change a name of the bridge. Additionally to that, ability to destroy bridges like houses, by builders (off-deed) or mayors (on-deed).
  • Stone fences matching bridges  - change stone fence height so it would match bridge side walls
  • Mine entrance bars - installed on mine entrance. Bars sort of porticullis-look window. In that way, that kind of mine entrance could be a window in tunnels, close to surface or high slopes, or just additional source of light. Non passable.
  • Roof integration - On top floors, if you put a door on corridor, etc. you end up with empty space above the door (between the roof and the wall) wich looks rather bad. Option for each roof tile, "integration", wich is set to ON by default (right click on roof to change it by a builder/person with permissions). If roof is "integrated", then it behave like roofs used to. If integration is set to OFF then roof act like there were no roofs on alligned tiles, and just covers tiles below it. Does not connect to other existing roofs.
  • Allow to build houses without doors - restriction that house must have doors doesn't make sense considering that player can also wall himself in, using fences. Would allow us to build pillars without making fake closure on the bottom by using arched wall and fence.
  • Expand vertical limit for multi story housing - currently, when planning a building, we can build 15 levels of walls and 16 levels of floors (counting ground floor as lvl 1). Expanding it to let's say 20 for example, to expand building possibilities?
  • Bridges total material required - would be very useful if at the end of planning phase, when we choose style of a bridge, we could get an info how many bricks/shards/mortar we need for chosen type
  • Unlimited digging at the base of slope - allow to dig down any slope, regardless of skill, if you stand on it's lower part. Inncreasing of slope by any way would be still skill dependent.
  • Allow bridges stepness up to 23 slope per tile - still walkable. Flat bridges would staright forward go to max 23 slope per tile. Arched bridges will follow formula, checking to not exceed above 23 slope. Maximum height difference between both ends will still be much lower then on flat bridges.
  • Demolish option for gate/mine door - only on deed and only by Mayor, plus confirmation box. We can demolish whole building so why not the gates/mine doors.
  • Interior ramps - so we can ride on horse/vehicle between the floors. Ramp could require two tiles. First part from one floor to the 50% of height, second part from 50% to 100% (next floor).

group-of-heroes-with-swords-at-the-edge-

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS AND MISCELANNEOUS:

• More discard options - all types of ore, foraged/botanized items, wood scraps, archeology fragments, sand/clay/tar/peat. Also would be nice to have discard pile option with confirmation box.
  • Expanded third person view - additional position to see better, when riding on wagon or sailing on boat. Currently we have 2 views fixed, but second one is still too close to vehicle.
  • Valrei mission items from mining and surface mining - as in title
  • In-game notepad - just simple window where you can put/write any text and it is automatically saved. Eventually with option to create separate topics/windows.
  • Deed lights management - categories (lamps/braziers/fireplaces). For each category toggle (auto lit on nightime: ON/OFF / auto lit on daytime: ON/OFF). For those, who like their open fireplaces or lamps staying lit during daytime, especially on cloudy/rain weather. Also for buildings in the shadow of the mountains etc.
  • In-game time under health bar - as in title. Could be put between FPS and Speed
  • Environmental based mission creatures spawn - when, for example, turtles for mission spawns (kill/sac types), you expect to find them on the shores or sandy areas. Reality is, those are spawn randomly all over the server, so turtles on the mountains or in the middle of the forest are pain to find. So spawn should be environmental based for all the creatures.
  • Meadow tile type - New tile type. Drastically reduced tree and bushes spawn and spread. Any grass tile without tree or bush for longer then x days can became meadow. Meadow won't push trees back. It means that if you plant a tree on it, it will last. Also for bushes.
  • Bridge/building "bump" - there is a noticeable height difference between bridge start/end and the house, those two are not on the same level (feeling of "bump" while entering a bridge)
  • Small BSB - capacity could be 1/2 or 1/3 of normal BSB. Current bsb modal contains 2 wooden boxes and bags. Small bsb could be just one box, without bags.
  • Wagon scaled down - so it would not overlap with floors above
  • Scale sleep bonus bar - to max amount of sleep bonus available
  • Higher climbing makes you climb faster - currently higher climbing only reducing stamina cost wich can be easily overcome by players with lower climbing (refresh for priests, sandwiches or runes for non-priest etc). Logical thing is that person with high climbing gonna climb faster. So suggestion is to increase climbing speed according to climbing skill.
  • Allow to repair and improve more items - shoulder pads, medallions, masks, event helmets etc.
  • Chopping young trees/bushes while embarked - would help maintaining area when something just starts to spread. Ability to chop them down without need for standing on the ground. We already can butcher and bury corpses that way, so...
  • Buildings rendering first - if you approach some buildings in the distance, first visible things are banners, crate racks etc., secondly after some distance, buildings. You can literally check racks and it's names from the distance. Rather unwanted effect, especially on the pvp servers. In any case, building just should be rendered first.
  • Save the horses on pvp - confirmation box if you want to attack horse that you lead/ride (also hitched to vehicle you ride)/tamed/branded by you/cared by you. Too many horses in this game wounded/died couse of missclick.
  • Abandon ownership rights - option for abandoning completly ownership of a certain cart/wagon/boat etc, so first person managing vehicle can be a new owner
  • Hanging lamps without poles - many people just push hanging lamps into wall to hide pole and make feeling that lamp is mounted to the wall, by the metal part. Sadly it cannot be done with mine walls, poles are always visible. Would be nice if there were versions of hanging lamps without poles.
  • Display area history on event window - If you enter game, and there are some unread events, then just display them in event window. Small quality improvement so you don't need to browse through menus, every time you log in.
  • Yellow potions to transmutation liquids - by alchemy + some moonmetal (yellow potion + 0,5kg glimmersteel etc) or skill using karma (yellow potion to transmutation liquid for 1000-3000 karma)
  • Change BSB to hold 1000 shards - Instead of 853. Or slightly lower shards volume so we can fit 1000.
  • No diveristy for wood scraps, kindlings - couse we don't need to. Any type of wood should just gave wood scrap/kindling, without wood type addition.
  • Better looking steppe texture - change it finally to something more grassy

Images created by AI (Artiffy).

• Like 2

- Make it so that when you click anywhere inside the sleep bonus button that it works, not just in the center of it.

- Make weapon skins not disappear on server crossings, at which point you have to remember to unequip/re-equip to get them to show up again.

- Make AH breeding results a little less random and a little more based on AH skill. It stinks you can have 70+ skill yet highly random and disappointing results with select genetics breeding.

- Make meditating less random in giving skill ticks. At 2 mins per action and limits on location and times per day, there are already enough hurdles that you shouldn't need to face potentially 10 fruitless meditation actions at times to get a single tick.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 4:37 PM, DaletheGood said:

Combine. It's such a pain. Should be able to right-click the top of a stack of items that are combinable and have the option "Combine All" without having to open the stack, click the 2nd+ one in the list then click the top of the stack to combine, or even worse click the top one in the stack then scroll down and select all of the items before getting the Combine option. Ideally it'd apply to piles on the ground and it'd combine them into the biggest combinations we can carry, but if that's not possible, then at the very least let us combine them with a single click when they're in our inventory.

I absolutely hate double clicking to activate, so I've had shift+q bound to activate and shift+e bound to combine for many years now. Would recommend putting these on a similar set of keys of your preference that you can hit quickly in one motion.

My suggestion: Make embark - commander/ride keybindable pls. Would love to be able to expand and collapse stacks in the UI with a keybind too. Fewer clicks for everything, save my poor clicking finger.