Tukodama

What QoL changes would you like to see in 2023?

mine ceiling borders and elevation delta showing with active pick, warning and stop before ceiling leveling harms the ceiling on tile one stands on, ceiling lowering using concrete

• Like 5

My biggest wish for 2023 is that we get some kind of toolbox/toolbag that will choose the required tool automatic while imping

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Stinboi said:

My biggest wish for 2023 is that we get some kind of toolbox/toolbag that will choose the required tool automatic while imping

That's generally what the toolbelt is for and its a defence against macroing. Being able to simply spam your improve and repair binds on every item you're imping would significantly change the experience of the game and not in a good way, imo.

• Like 3

A minimalistic GUI with straight windows and no transparency in functional areas.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

I would love to see a small QoL update to the age categories of domestic animals:

- add Early Adolescent/Late Adolescent age categories:  currently 'adolescent' has two invisible stages, one of which cannot be bred, one of which can be bred.  I'd love to know exactly when an animal is old enough to be bred instead of yet another 'not in the mood' message from yet another adolescent animal.  Maybe this is something that can be seen with greater Animal Husbandry in the same way that higher digging shows slope value at greater distance, etc.

- add Venerable/Last Legs age categories: currently 'venerable' animals can be anywhere from 48-365 RL days old.  For those raising animals over a long period of time, there's no way to know if a herd is fine for the next 3-4 months or if they're all about to die in the next week.  I would love to be able to know when an animal is in the last few age ticks to be able to prepare accordingly.  Again, perhaps this is something that can be tied to a higher level of Animal Husbandry skill.

• Like 8

Make battering rams and catapults loadable in PvE. They are construction (demolition) tools in PvE, not weapons.

Edit: Prevent plotting course to Chaos for ships carrying these items.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

also a real nice one would be the ability to delegate naming animals to the villager that actually tends the animals in my case it is alts

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-18 Independence Server

• Like 6

- Falling out of the boat and other issues at server crossing.

- Archery.

- Not being able to reach things when already very close to them.

- Affinity icons that are somehow decipherable from one another so you don't have to hover over all to find one you're looking for the status on.

- The ability to not get auto-ganked to zero faith when crossing to Chaos after having been a member of a dif religion/pmk there in the past.

- Labels you can edit on friends list so you can keep track of why some are friends/reason for association.

- More characters allowed with renaming things.

- Swimming traitor creatures not jumping server borders, or a jump then causing mission to end so folks don't waste time looking for something no longer there.

- More open and regular staff/dev communication in forums. (this has been better lately though, so ty)

- The ability to choose what a pendulum looks for or doesn't look for; a way to avoid seeing the neighbor's champ pets when searching for some other champ.

- Make LSU's stave off some damage for their contents.

- Make frying pans and other cooking elements stored in ovens not decay so unrealistically fast.

- Give the massive amounts of karma most folks have more uses.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 8

off the top of my head (will probably edit this post )

1. Allow us to dispel whatever spells / enchantments we want.

2.  Change meditation knowledge get info to something useful since it really is a pointless ability.

3. Entirely remove "a faint breeze " or low speed from boats since servers are pretty big and a slow boat really serves zero purpose , it detracts from the entertainment, it encourages afk playing (or afk sailing) and honestly game design wise you never want to encourage a player to go afk since from that point it's just one more step to quitting.

4. Increased bank storage. Currently a 5 slot bank is utterly pointless. Increase it to 20 or 30 at least. People just end up spamming bank alts that serve no purpose other than muddying the player pop data.

5. Better tutorial. As in an actual tutorial. There is zero combat tutorial in wurm and that's just shameful since nothing about wurm combat is actually intuitive.

6. Monthly challenges that give nice rewards on each server : like kill 1000 trolls, craft 10 guard towers,  etc. Something diverse and challenging that can give people something different to do to increase either cooperation or competitions.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MordosKull said:

- Falling out of the boat and other issues at server crossing.

- Archery.

- Not being able to reach things when already very close to them.

- Affinity icons that are somehow decipherable from one another so you don't have to hover over all to find one you're looking for the status on.

- The ability to not get auto-ganked to zero faith when crossing to Chaos after having been a member of a dif religion/pmk there in the past.

- Labels you can edit on friends list so you can keep track of why some are friends/reason for association.

- More characters allowed with renaming things.

- Swimming traitor creatures not jumping server borders, or a jump then causing mission to end so folks don't waste time looking for something no longer there.

- More open and regular staff/dev communication in forums. (this has been better lately though, so ty)

- The ability to choose what a pendulum looks for or doesn't look for; a way to avoid seeing the neighbor's champ pets when searching for some other champ.

- Make LSU's stave off some damage for their contents.

- Make frying pans and other cooking elements stored in ovens not decay so unrealistically fast.

- Give the massive amounts of karma most folks have more uses.

28 minutes ago, elentari said:

1. Allow us to dispel whatever spells / enchantments we want.

2.  Change meditation knowledge get info to something useful since it really is a pointless ability.

3. Entirely remove "a faint breeze " or low speed from boats since servers are pretty big and a slow boat really serves zero purpose , it detracts from the entertainment, it encourages afk playing (or afk sailing) and honestly game design wise you never want to encourage a player to go afk since from that point it's just one more step to quitting.

4. Increased bank storage. Currently a 5 slot bank is utterly pointless. Increase it to 20 or 30 at least. People just end up spamming bank alts that serve no purpose other than muddying the player pop data.

5. Better tutorial. As in an actual tutorial. There is zero combat tutorial in wurm and that's just shameful since nothing about wurm combat is actually intuitive.

6. Monthly challenges that give nice rewards on each server : like kill 1000 trolls, craft 10 guard towers,  etc. Something diverse and challenging that can give people something different to do to increase either cooperation or competitions.

4 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

also a real nice one would be the ability to delegate naming animals to the villager that actually tends the animals in my case it is alts

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

On 1/3/2023 at 7:07 AM, Ekcin said:

mine ceiling borders and elevation delta showing with active pick, warning and stop before ceiling leveling harms the ceiling on tile one stands on, ceiling lowering using concrete

Yes to all of these! :) There are so many small changes that would make this game so much more enjoyable and these are definitely on my list.

• Like 4

Make the color of fruits on the bush/tree match the color of the fruit actually harvested from said plant. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, elentari said:

+1

Usuable only every 18 hours. Doesn't detect traitors or unique.

Only time I use it is on a misclick.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 1:38 PM, kordethbludscythe said:

I agree with this, as well. My husband is mayor of our deed, but I am the one who breeds and manages the animals.

• Like 2

Allow 'wax sheets' to be combined so that we can take advantage of mind logic when wrapping a large number of meals, especially since they can't be stored in a bulk container.

(I should be keeping a list and posting them all at once, but instead I'm just wishcasting as I run across all my tiny QoL nemeses...)

• Like 4

almost no QoL changes for priest so far.

I would like sacrifice to be queue-able  like it use to be. It is quite annoying when you doing a cast session and you can't queue sacrifice after the cast you know to deplete your favor

• Like 1

Priest wise :

1. As I mentioned - allow priests to dispel w/e they want.

2. Make saccing queuable, why not?

3. Make it so other spells don't necessarily override others, like dispel overrides other actions.

4. Make it so priests have an option to right  click on players -> Check eligibility (This checks if the player is eligible as a listener for a sermon).

5. Maybe add mend to all priests? I don't see why mags, fo's and lib's shouldn't have it? It just seems arbitrary to not have it.

6. Remove healing spell debuff (healing cap) in pve? Makes sense for pvp but in pve it's just pointless, fo's are great in rifts and people spending time healing with cotton just prolongs the rift pointlessly.

7. Remove the neck wound increasing difficulty for spells. It's an absurd mechanic that no one that doesn't read the code (assuming they even know how to) would ever figure out. This is just one of those obscure wogic thing that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Instead give priests a better way to increase spell difficulty when trying to raise their channeling skill. Suggestions include : double the spell length timer for increased difficulty or triple it,  wear heavy armor to increase spell difficulty (maybe even a shield?), cast spells with a low ql statuette for increased spell difficulty.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Homestead said:

Usuable only every 18 hours. Doesn't detect traitors or unique.

While I agree with it being annoying, it actually does detect traitors and uniques. Or did when someone used it and noticed a kykops in their local 

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

While I agree with it being annoying, it actually does detect traitors and uniques. Or did when someone used it and noticed a kykops in their local 

Ah. Good to know. That would make it a tiny bit more useful.  Sort of. Kind of.  A little bit.... maybe.  :D

Allow us to put WoA/BotD/CoC on our hands!

11 minutes ago, Ols said:

I would love to be able to do this just to make pottery less tedious, but it does open up some interesting possibilities....

"That's ol' one-armed Ols over there.  Bad cast when enchanting his hand back in '15.  Shattered the whole thing.  Saves on armor costs though - only needs one glove now."

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ols said:

5 minutes ago, Sidereal said:

I would love to be able to do this just to make pottery less tedious, but it does open up some interesting possibilities....

"That's ol' one-armed Ols over there.  Bad cast when enchanting his hand back in '15.  Shattered the whole thing.  Saves on armor costs though - only needs one glove now."

It would be really cool to have, but I agree with Sidereal that it could open up some weird possibilities. How about add a wooden tool that can be used in place of the hand? Or a "Potter's Glove" that can be enchanted and that, when worn, gives CoC or BotD bonuses to hands when potting.

Also, please fix tempering and make it behave like all other smithing improve options with respect to enchants and quality 😃

• Like 1

Yeah, it would actually be weird. I'm not sure if a potter would use a glove, though? Maybe there should be a pottery wheel that can be enchanted with the same effect, but you wouldn't hold it in inventory.

Here are some of my wishes ❤️

I would also love to see an inventory record on the merchant contract so we can check which items were sold and for how much. Would be nice if the contract could show what's left in the merchant's inventory as well.

• Like 5

Fix metallic liquid so it doesn't get Dispelled. Seriously, this is expensive stuff and I guarantee that nobody ever wants to Dispel it.

Possible fixes include, in order of QoL:

• When choosing what to dispel, skip over Shatter Protection.
  • Move Shatter Protection to the end of the list of enchantments / runes, so that in practical terms nobody ever casts Dispel on something that only has SProt.
  • Make it too difficult to Dispel, so the cast always fails if SProt is at the head of the list.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Fix metallic liquid so it doesn't get Dispelled. Seriously, this is expensive stuff and I guarantee that nobody ever wants to Dispel it.

Agreed, although that could be covered in the suggestion to "choose what we can dispel or not".

I would also that for every spell , we would be shown a % chance to successfully cast the spell (adjusted by wearing heavy armor or not) . E.g. right click -> Spells ->

Bless 99%

WoA 71%

Opulence 100%

Nimbleness 45%

etc.

• Like 1