Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Deed repair worker

Be nice to have a npc worker that goes around repairing everything on your deed. 

Maybe have a stock pile that the npc gathers supplies from. 

Some kind of chart showing what materials the npc worker still needs that are not in the stockpile

This would be more geared to pve players that have taken a break and found decay on their deed(s) and is not meant for pvp side

• Like 2

Deeds already prevent structures from decaying. There is no need for further mechanics in this regard. Items that need to be safeguarded from decay on deed can be placed in a bsb, fsb, crate or a magical chest.

Yeah your buildings and structures are protected over the 30 day deed time so probably not useful. I'm a fan of having some other forms of NPC's though as has been disgusted in the past on here.

This is not a bad idea. They'd need something like a supply bin (think repurposed trash bin) to collect planks, bricks, etc. from, and then they could go about repairing any damaged walls, floors, and so on.

For balance, though, I think they'd need an upkeep cost.

• Like 1

my 2 pennies worth , not a great idea . wurm has always been against automation ( as per the rules) , but also , thats what the repair skill is for.. :D

• Like 1

that is what deeding is for there is no need to repair if it is deeded right

18 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Yeah your buildings and structures are protected over the 30 day deed time so probably not useful. I'm a fan of having some other forms of NPC's though as has been disgusted in the past on here.

I think it says somewhere that your spirit guards are the ones repairing the deed. I suppose if you don't have spirit guards then it doesn't make as much sense. 

On 12/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, Ols said:

Deeds already prevent structures from decaying. 

They do have a chance of decay if you do not log in for 3 months.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, Reflekted said:

wurm has always been against automation ( as per the rules) , but also , thats what the repair skill is for.. :D

Wurm was once 100% player built items, but that changed. 

There is a repair skill, but some deeds would take forever to repair everything.

(That said, maybe add a rule that if a deed falls, then redeemed. That this automation can not be used.)

Remember automation can be a good thing. Look at the wagoner.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:17 AM, Ols said:

I think it says somewhere that your spirit guards are the ones repairing the deed. I suppose if you don't have spirit guards then it doesn't make as much sense. 

I haven’t found anything other than spirit templars refill off deed lamps.