Sign in to follow this  
Geiserich

Dungeons!

It would be interesting if there were dungeons that you could explore together. These would be accessible through a portal that randomly spawns on the overworld (or maybe can be excavated randomly in the mine). You would then be teleported to a dungeon server. Monsters and treasures would then be waiting for you in the dungeon. At the end, you would be teleported back to the overworld. Upon successful completion, the portal would disappear and after a while a new portal would appear somewhere.

• Like 5

only way to scale content.. without demolishing above/underground like rifts, etc /will/ do

pop another violet color rift light... give it 1-3 days timer to open.. turn it into portal to temporary server "like jackal" with a kick back once event is over and with safe-boot home, prevent any kind of skillgain or loss(maybe... based on risks, etc), endless possibilities to do any sort of fun stuff there... reward players with points or items, achievements maybe... depending if .. players could gather actual items to transfer back or only gain points to cash for some prize at home land later...

all lack of space, terrain deformation and havoc current events cause... none of that will be an issue with something like that

I would really love something like this. Playing Dark and Darker had me wishing Wurm had something similar.

• Like 1

yes, please lets turn open world sandbox MMO into another mainstream instanced garbage game.. 

• Like 2

yeah, i agree with Skatyna on this, having dev generated instances would be a terrible idea. Besides, aren't we getting goblin camps soon? There's your dungeons, complete with monsters and treasures

few big caves on diff servers with goblin camps and stuff in the caves be interesting to add though , hellhounds chained on leases with the king goblin , treasure to loot , but no tranporting to it only by horse/boat to the entrance no cheating getting there , 

Edited by christopher
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:06 AM, Skatyna said:

yes, please lets turn open world sandbox MMO into another mainstream instanced garbage game.. 

+1 to Skatyna

I have my own dungeon under and around my deed. It's enough.

Edited by Dao

There are "uniques" (dragons, goblin king, cyclops, etc...), but it's more sandbox than a theme park. Epic loot eventually, mostly player-crafted (or GM-spawned) high-quality gear. By the way, anyone thinks that WURM dungeon is similar to Diablo's?