Sign in to follow this  
Teggs

[NoBug] Various goal/journal bugs

Greetings.

I would like to note the following issues:

'Basic Training: Nature' in the Journal has a goal for 'Find a rare Nature product'.  The hover text says: 'Find a rare item when botanising or foraging tiles, or when harvesting a tree, bush, or trellis.'  I just saw this:

[17:59:02] You start cutting a sprout from the trellis.

[17:59:05] You have a moment of inspiration...

[17:59:05] You cut a seedling from the trellis.

...and I have a rare seedling, but the journal goal did not trigger.

In personal goals:

The goal for collecting honey will not trigger no matter if I use a domestic hive or wild hive, or more than one kind of container.  As far as I can tell, this is broken.

The goal for equipping an enchanted weapon did not trigger for equipping a sword with Animal Demise.

The goal for creating a bear rug is imprecise.  If I recall correctly, has to be a brown bear rug, but the player has no way to know that.

I also note that Wurm 'forgot' a great many things I have done in the past, but that is at least partly a separate issue.

Cheers.

I believe to answer the first part of your report, the task of:

Basic Training: Nature' in the Journal has a goal for 'Find a rare Nature product'.  The hover text says: 'Find a rare item when botanising or foraging tiles, or when harvesting a tree, bush, or trellis.'

regards the harvested product of a tree/bush/trellis, not the seedling or sprout cut from it on the side.

So if you'd harvested a fruit from that trellis when it was in season that turned out rare, that would count for the achievement.  The key word in the achievement is harvesting .

The actual command to pick a fruit/nut from a tree/bush/trellis with a sickle is 'harvest'.  Not so for cutting a sprout or seedling from it.

Confusing perhaps at first, but there is some logic within.

Edited by Tristanc

6 hours ago, Tristanc said:

regards the harvested product of a tree/bush/trellis, not the seedling or sprout cut from it on the side.

That explains it, thank you.

I expect that because picking a sprout is a Forestry action, and sprouts can be used to make items and not just more plants, most Wurmians consider sprouts a 'Nature Product' nonetheless.