Sign in to follow this  
Gingeko

Minikilljoy update with building and celabration.

I have received word that the player known to us a minikilljoy has passed away yesterday. there will be a a memorial for mini built around the southwest of cadence the location is TBD. 

***** on sat 1/14 8pm EST (GMT -5) we will be building the monuments and after the build we will be celebrating his life. *****

https://prnt.sc/xb-Y0YwNtGgq

the deed name is Minikilljoy Memorial Public Dock it is on the highway.

we plan to build a Pylon and two Obelisk's to each of the servers he played on Cadence and Harmony.

with this we will be needing the following mats:

4000 clay
1000 brass lump
200 bronze lump
3000 stone brick
100 stone slabs

*** all mats accounted for at this time ***

I will be getting an LMC to place on the deed so we can put items in for Mini.

~Gin

Edited by Gingeko
info
  • Like 23

That is sad news. Always sad when one of our fellow Wurmians passes. RIP Minikilljoy.

He had actually passed the torch on the map duties over to @Jarretta couple weeks ago. So Cadence should be getting back on track with your map updates shortly.

• Like 2

So sad.. Rest in peace Mini.
Wish we had more time to get to know eachother. 😧

• Like 2

Mini was a valuable member of my team and a good friend.  He was one of those people always willing to lend a hand whenever needed.  It seems so sudden, we had spoken and hung out on Friday.  Wurm is a far worse place without you my friend...I hope you're at peace

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gingeko said:

I have received word that the player known to us a minikilljoy has passed away yesterday. there will be a a memorial for mini built around the southwest of cadence the location is TBD. 

~Gin

Please advise when and where it is, i'd like to pay my respects and donate to the upkeep. 

• Like 4

I remember meeting him on Harmony last year, not too long after I started playing wurm. He passed by in my local and I tossed him a wave -- he was friendly and a nice guy. I added him to my friend's list shortly after, and ever since then I considered him a wurm-friend. I'm sure he's at peace now. Extremely, sad news to hear, but we'll hold on to the memories we had, especially with friends we lose!

• Like 5

This breaks my heart, he was so very young!  :(   Rest easy MKJ  you will be missed.

• Like 3

This is sad news and doubly so on the holidays. Rest in peace and be fondly remembered in Wurm.

• Like 3

Oh no! This sad news leaves me speechless.

I did not know Minikilljoy personally and we actually never "met" in game, but - as most of you know - we worked together as colleagues in the community map team. He was a nice and pleasant person to deal with, and I had absolutely no idea that something was not right. Only recently he told me that he was going to take a short break from Wurm and the map, but he definitely planned on coming back! 😢

I have not the slightest clue what happened; as I understand he was still young. Being much older myself, sad news like these always make me humble and very pensive. Rest in peace, fellow Wurmian.

• Like 5

It took me a while for this to register and read the thread.

I met Mini with a Scout on Harmony in ep9 at Jones Landing. I cannot believe we have lost another fellow wurmian and at this time of year.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends of wurm.

• Like 2

Wurm is one fantastic community. One of us leaving is the worst news. Regardless of whether we meet in the game or not. We share the same passion. So I offer my deepest condolences to the family. RIP friend!

• Like 5

Minikilljoy was one of the nicest people I've met and always lovely to talk to, he always brought such a positive atmosphere. If you asked he'd always be willing to help you out, gonna miss him so much 😭

• Like 3

So sad to read this news, yet again we lose one of our own. This community may be a small one in comparison to a lot of games out there, but when we do lose one it hurts so many of us. 

My condolences to the family and friends that Minikilljoy leaves behind.

• Like 3

Mini will always be my "lil bro". We became close friends over the years when he first started playing. Talking almost every day about anything imaginable. I'm so very heartbroken that my best friend has moved on but I'm glad he is no longer suffering. His big brother, killjoyjones, has setup a gofundme to help with funeral costs - contact me in PM for the link

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 5

Not sure how many of you know me but I'm mini's older brother IRL and it's really touching seeing all the warm words here I'll make sure my family gets to see this. Thank you all so much for your support.

• Like 33

This news saddens me so much.

I met Mini a while back in game now. Was always a pleasure to chat with him. I had no idea he was so young and never knew he was sick. You just don't know who is on the other side of that screen, so please be kind, be patient and show compassion to everyone you meet.

My sincere condolences to his family. Rest in peace my friend.

~Indigoe

• Like 3

While I didn't know Mini for the longest time, every time we spoke was always nice, the most recent being at a mission

The fact that so many people can share such wonderful stories and words of his kindness shows the immense impact he had on the community, and I think its great what everyone is doing in support to remember him

I pass on my condolences to the family, and I hope he is now at peace.

• Like 3

I'm in Harmony, but I will do whatever I can to help with a memorial.

To his family, we all love you so much. You're with all of us in your time of need.

• Like 2

My condolences, Doozledorf/Gulrak here. I met Mini when he first started playing, he was a cool guy.

• Like 2

Another Hero joins the gods on Valrei this day.  He will be well remembered.

• Like 2