Sign in to follow this  
Ferrol

Unable to remove building plan tiles | Calculation error of skill vs number of tiles that may be planned

Hello,

https://imgur.com/a/IXgHv5s

For purposes of explanation, consider the squares in the above pictures to be x,y coordinates. 0,0 is the top-left square.

On a toon with 39 carpentry I planned a structure as depicted in picture one of the above imgur album. I am able to add or remove tiles from 0,0, 0,2, 1,2, 5,2, 6,2, and 6,0 as long as the number of tiles in the planned building remain at or below 18. Tiles cannot be removed anywhere else on the structure.

Once a 19th tile is added, the structure can be completed or destroyed, but tiles cannot be removed anywhere. In fact, at 39 carpentry I am able to add up to 20 tiles to the building plan. No tiles can be removed once the building is planned out to 20 tiles.

The building plan can be finalized or destroyed as expected when planned with 18, 19, or 20 tiles.

I believe this is clear enough to demonstrate that there is an error in the calculations for comparing the player's skill level to the condition of whether a planned building tile may be removed.

Please respond if you'd like me to do any gopher work or need additional details.

Thank you

Edited by Ferrol

This isn't a bug. It's because the building is calculated as a total of tiles AND exterior walls. There are points in the structure where removing a tile would result in two additional exterior walls, resulting in a need for a higher carpentry skill.

Using your example of removing 0,2 from the first diagram, the calculation goes from 18 floor tiles and 22 wall tiles (40) to 17 floor tiles and 24 walls (41).

4 hours ago, Seriphina said:

This isn't a bug. It's because the building is calculated as a total of tiles AND exterior walls. There are points in the structure where removing a tile would result in two additional exterior walls, resulting in a need for a higher carpentry skill.

Using your example of removing 0,2 from the first diagram, the calculation goes from 18 floor tiles and 22 wall tiles (40) to 17 floor tiles and 24 walls (41).

Something doesn't track. In my example I have 39 Carpentry. Something is calculated wrong. Also, removing 0,2 results in the same number of walls and is something that I am able to do without issue.

Edited by Ferrol

The formula for planning a building recently changed, allowing you to do 5 more than normal (a 1x1, with 4 walls and 1 ground tile, was 5 skill required. It now takes 0). This new skill requirement is not taken into account when removing tiles from the building, causing the issue you've shown above.

• Like 1

Hello :), thank you for reporting, the team are aware of this issue.