Sign in to follow this  
Zaxthule

Rare stone shards is it worth it?

Hi. So after the last 2 days of constant spam creating pickaxes in the hopes of a rare i was starting to get burned out. So i decided to go mining looking for tin in one of my caves. Well 3 mining actions in and that rare i was trying for popped up as stone shards. After a brief facepalm moment i decided to try and make the best of what i got.

So later today when i get off work im going to try and turn it into a rare well or fountain in the hopes of selling it. Is it worth it? Or should i try and save up any rare shards i get and bulk sell them as is? 

They  say there is 1/100 chance that on last  improve action that consumes material that rarity will transfer. Me personaly never have managed to do it, and seriously doubt if thats even true since there is on MOI upon that last imp... On other hands I spammed alot of rares by creation. 
In my opinion it's not worth it trying with imping with rare mats, but if you're not that desperate for 10-20c which is the price on SFI if i'm not mistaken, try your luck and prove me wrong xD
I also think that saving them for bulk selling is bad idea, if you don't want it, just sell it right away

24 minutes ago, kochinac said:

In my opinion it's not worth it trying with imping with rare mats, but if you're not that desperate for 10-20c which is the price on SFI if i'm not mistaken, try your luck and prove me wrong xD
I also think that saving them for bulk selling is bad idea, if you don't want it, just sell it right away

Thanks for the advice @kochinac! Im still a basic account so im trying anything to get me the coinage for a few months of premium so i really appreciate the advice. Now i wont waste a bunch of time trying to make something that's just not worth it lol. 

5 hours ago, kochinac said:

They  say there is 1/100 chance that on last  improve action that consumes material that rarity will transfer. Me personaly never have managed to do it, and seriously doubt if thats even true since there is on MOI upon that last imp...

This ☝️

Same here. Over the years thousands of rare materials I have used up while imping stuff to consume the material and have never ever ended up with a single rare.. The only use rare materials provide to me now is free water/food/nutrition bars or wound healing after saccing it.

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

They  say there is 1/100 chance that on last  improve action that consumes material that rarity will transfer. Me personaly never have managed to do it, and seriously doubt if thats even true since there is on MOI upon that last imp... On other hands I spammed alot of rares by creation. 

The 1/100 is definitely true, I have seen and heard of more than one player imping an item to fantastic with a material of fantastic quality, so it's definitely worth trying!

You generally have better odds using a rare in the creation process rather than the improving process for having that rare part/material create a rare object.

The key is using the rare to create something that uses the entire piece, not just part of it.

You odds basically then becomes 1/total number of parts needed to create the final item.

Unfortunately that's difficult for a rare stone shard, as walls/fences/buildings can never be rare.

Perhaps sell it?

Edited by Tristanc

15 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

The 1/100 is definitely true, I have seen and heard of more than one player imping an item to fantastic with a material of fantastic quality, so it's definitely worth trying!

Can confirm.

15 hours ago, Tristanc said:

You generally have better odds using a rare in the creation process rather than the improving process for having that rare part/material create a rare object.

The key is using the rare to create something that uses the entire piece, not just part of it.

You odds basically then becomes 1/total number of parts needed to create the final item.

Unfortunately that's difficult for a rare stone shard, as walls/fences/buildings can never be rare.

Perhaps sell it?

You forgot to mention this only applies to creating "unfinished" items.