Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

Exploration + Cartography = Fun!

So a thing that I've noticed with treasure maps in the wake of cartography is that treasure maps seem to have a random cartography-specific ql unrelated to the ql of the map item itself.  For example, this 52ql treasure map I was working on yesterday had this for one of the clues:

LLzIdLC.jpg

I've noticed that the very low ql maps I'm making while experimenting with cartography often get 'North' very, very wrong and have very similar blurry details.  I don't recall this ever happening prior to the cartography update?

This made for a super challenging clue on Pristine and was extra satisfying to track down, but I do wonder if some clues will just become downright impossible - a clue in a large desert with no elevation lines would be a nightmare.

Edited by Sidereal
typos, always typos
  • Like 2

This is an issue that the devs are aware of and are working on a fix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aeris said:

This isn't fun, it's butt and hopefully a bug

To be fair, I'd intended 'Fun!' to be used in the Dwarf Fortress sense of 'multiple mechanics combining into an impossible situation that ruins everything' but realize that doesn't translate particularly well.  In retrospect - I could have at least used "scare quotes" around "Fun!" :)

I wouldn't mind these "tilted" maps for harder level treasure maps if they actually pointed to the right spot. Right now they are bugged and the dig spot ends up in a completely different location from the marker. Probably wherever the spot would be if the map was "untilted".

This should be fixed in tomorrow's update - please check the release notes for details on how to fix your maps (when they're posted).

• Like 2