Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Pick All Woad or other herbs

Please allow an additional option to "Pick all" in a stack of harvestable herbs or woad rather than having to do the process over and over and over.  

It would save a lot of clicking and clicking and clicking on the same stack of stuff.

Thanks

Edited by Fairyshine

Because of Mind Logic and action queue limitations.. don't think that lines up well with game rules for the actions.

This could make sense for pulling thousands of woad from bsb into container stack, since inventory 100x item pull is really dumb and it further limits pulling of items based on inventory contained items, even if the inventory have 100x space.. and some items are neatly sorted into inventory groups, that makes do difference, [inventory] itself counts anything in player's pockets.. groups do nothing for the 100 limit.. 

Another showstopper is, many want gardening skill off picking herbs and woad from planters and prefer to skillup that way, 100 gardening skill was obtained through farming woad in planters.

High stamina, ML action limit, high ql pottery planters and here guessing gardening skill... helps to gather faster or make it less tedious. At 10 ML it's 3x clicks per planter rack.

QoL could be showing harvestable/empty/not-ready(growing/dying) plant count with mouse-over a planter rack...

I can see the logic in what you say with regards to moving stuff also, perhaps they can half ticks when someone picks the pick all option.  It helps those who don't have lots of time to play by letting them pick their stuff and giving up half the skillgain for that time gained.

Only way to preserve game mechanics etc.. will be to allow woa enchant per pottery planter pot.. which seems excessive, woa on rack itself seems like a cheat, same for half ticks by whatever mean if it's instant and fast gather, it just lets anybody to bulk up on blue dye faster than other;

I haven't done any gathering post-coffee insanity, it wasn't at all that bad, I can't see the need for what you aim for.. as I've done 6k+ gathering a day and talked with people doing 10,000 gatherings a day, they seem normal.. or mental institutions haven't figured where to find "us";

Doubt you need as much woad as you think, might be better to sell something and buy the woad?

In other words.. breaking this mechanic with what you want .. opens a big gate to ... "why farm per tile, if I want to tend 1 tile and based on my skill and whim do 1 instant action and tend 9-12-36-128 tiles around me"

Wurm might need a further casual mode to kill a lot of it's micromechanics and delays on a lot of things.. but that is "entirely" different game or rather different mode and server to shelter such, unless whole game takes a new direction and become heavily casual, where actions are instant, skill is way faster, not so important, and a lot of things are brought down to exploring, building and just that. 

I never thought about all that stuff, to be honest, because I rarely  never harvest woad for gardening skill.  Also, people who make lots of paint need lots of woad, but this would also apply to herbs etc.  Since making seeds allow a stack to instantly convert to seeds rather than rely on amount of actions allowed, I assumed this could be applied to picking stuff. However, it seems there are way more things to consider regarding skills etc. so don't worry about this suggestion, please close it.   (Also, never thought about  looking into WU type scenarios where this might be possible for someone with much more casual play style, where it it would not affect the WO player base. I can see how this could change the whole direction of the game.)

Edited by Fairyshine

I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can perform the pick action on the entire stack of 30x harvestable pots and it will automatically pick as many actions as you have available with mind logic. You don't have to open the 30x line item into individual pots and pick each one separately. So for example, if you have 6 actions from mind logic, you can hotkey pick action, mouse over the stack of 30x, hit hotkey and it queues all actions and picks 6 pots one after another automatically. Do this 5 times and all 30 are picked. It is way faster than picking each individual pot.

• Like 3