Sign in to follow this  
Annasari

Lame Horse Fair and Limpalong - Cadence

MAY 12th-14th, 2023

Lame_Horse.png

Come one, come all...

Come on down to the Lame Horse Fair and Limpalong to kick off summer in style! L19 central Cadence.

All us carnies are hard at work preparing for the Fair's arrival; keep an eye out here for further update!

OUR DISCORD: https://discord.gg/evNbfAtvVu

First of all, what's an Impalong? 

Impalong is a community event where folks gather at a deed where the hosts supply a setup, material, food and drink, and entertainment - whilst attendees use their skills to improve tools and gear for free, priest cast for free, and everyone participates in the fun! All are welcome to join in - even if you don't have high skill, you can still get your things improved and enchanted and hang out with us! Sometimes, GMs will show up and drop spawns in the combat arena as well, and we plan to have competitions and games where you can win prizes! 

Spoiler

Lame Horse Fairgrounds - L19 Cadence

The Limpalong will be hosted at Lame Horse Fairgrounds (previously Lame Horse Shipyards), right on the bay at L-19. We have dockyards for ships and are in the highway system! Each skill will have its own setup with applicable setup and mats; priests will be setup in the center of the lower level to get the biggest faith gains possible. We will also have a cook station, and maybe some other fun stations up our sleeves. Our combat arena will be finished and decorated soon, though we do hope you'll redecorate with blood on the walls.

lamehorse.png?width=997&height=676

lamehorsefair.png

Lame Horse Inn

Right next door at Lame Horse Mine, we have an inn for impers to get that sweet, sweet sleep bonus with 12 beds, as well as storage space for those who wish to keep their valuable safe. There is also a market place for the Eastern Pact Alliance out in front of the inn - make sure you check out all the great wares our allies have to offer.

lamehorseinn.png

IMPALONG RULES

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Heavy inspo for these rules were stolen from Dracaa who runs SFI Lunalong -- it was so organized and smooth, full credit to Dracaa for the prep and experience these took to iron out! :)

The basic guidelines for imping/enchanting:

• Gear and enchantments will be targeted at 70 ql and casts.
  • Any gear you want imped/enchanted should be dropped directly into it's corresponding labeled coffin/forge/shelves with your name, and if you're getting an enchantment, desired spells.
  • If the tool is a skiller (low ql), mark it as such as well so it is not accidentally improved.
  • Items should be picked up whenever possible to save space. If your item is not picked up and space is short, it will be moved to an overflow area - contact an event staffer to retrieve it for you.
  • Double check the crafting menu for the item to ensure it's skill corresponds to the drop-off.
  • Some commonly misplaced items: 
    • Carving Knife, Sickle, and Scythe (blade only) are Bladesmithing.
    • Finished Sickle, and Scythe are  Weaponsmithing.
    • (Cooking) Knife and Leather Knife are Blacksmithing.
    • Fishing rods are Fine carpentry.
    • Light Fishing Reels are Carpentry.
    • Medium Reels are Fine Carpentry.
    • The deep water reel is Blacksmithing.
    • The professional Reel is Jewelrysmithing.
    • Dredges are Blacksmithing.

What to bring: 

• All items a person wishes to have improved or enchanted (only one per of each item for each player except for arrows, horse shoes, and armor pieces).
  • One full set of armor (leather, chain, plate) per person, in addition to one set of wool or cloth clothing.
  • 2 sets (8 total) horse shoes, 2 saddles per person.
  • Large items such as forges, floor looms, spinning, wheels, larders, etc. are welcome.
  • Wagons and carts will be imped in the marked area, on the north side of the building; please park accordingly.

Event manners:

• Carts and wagons not being imped should be parked in the area marked off the northwest side of the highway - please do not bring vehicles into the imping building unless dropping off and removing cart right after. 
  • Hell horses come at your own risk, do not park them on deed. 
  • Tents should be setup at the marked campground. 
  • Turn off personal light sources (lamps, etc.) to reduce lag.
  • Don't bring a dozen items of the same type - don't sell off stuff that is improved/enchanted. Our impers and priests are giving precious time for free - it's not cool to abuse that!

Sermon rules (stolen from Lunalong)

Don't sermon without being in the sermon group chat in-game.
Sermon when it's your turn.
Be sure to post your sermon tic and the list updated for the next sermon.
For example [17: 12] Faith increased by 0,1 to 52,5451
The next sermon will be at 31 minutes after the last faith/preaching tick
For example xx:04 Dracaa, Kogawolfjf, Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark
If you miss your turn to preach by being 5 minutes late,  the next person in line will be asked to take your spot. You be next in line again and an asterisk is next to your name.
Someone will need to be sure they pm the person 5 m
ins before their turn to be sure they are aware of their turn.
For example xx:09 Kogawolfjf, Dracaa, Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark
If you don't do your turn again there be a pm sent stating that you were removed from the list and you can get back on when you come back.
For example xx:46 Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, (Open)
If there are less than 6 players active then there be Open spots that other new players can join in.
If you know you will be AFK until your next sermon, please let the team know so that they can put brackets around your name so they are aware you're AFK.
For example xx: 17 Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, (Open), (Lunalong)
If your turn comes up and you AFK and you have been pm 5 mins before and pm that you missed your turn the 1st time. you get an asterisk by your name.
For example xx:20  (Lunalong), Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, Dracaa, Whiteivy
After the second miss you have a pm telling you. that you missed again was dropped.
if someone is dropped and the list gets moved 30 mins ahead. to let everyone know there be a plus in front of their name. each plus is a 30 min jump ahead.
For example xx:51  +Runninghorse, +Lunadark, +Kogawolfjf, +Dracaa, +Whiteivy, Lunalong
You get a pm that your time was bumped up 5 mins before your sermon is now. if you don't respond then after the 5 min after the sermon time the next person can go. they to well be pm to when it is close to that time.
then the person will lose the plus but not gain a asterisk.
For example xx:22  Runninghorse, +Kogawolfjf, +Dracaa, +Whiteivy, Lunalong, Lunadark
This method allows the fairest way to allow people to participate even if someone has to leave for work or goes to bed, (s)he can calculate when his / her next sermon(s)are up and make sure (s)he's there.

Events and contests:

Spoiler

Games:

• Naked Fish Fighting - Friday Night
  • Archery Contest - Saturday Afternoon
  • Musical Chairs - Saturday Afternoon
  • Heavy Horse Race - Saturday Night
  • Newbie Shack Building - Saturday Night
  • Hide and Seek - Sunday Brunch

Free time activities: 

• Fishing
  • Chess & Checkers
  • Panfilling
  • Brawling

PRIZES

Points will be administered for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each game, with a small number of points for participation. Staff will keep track of points and reach out at the end of the games to players to pick prizes from the pool for the top 10 winners. The rest of the prizes will be administered by raffle through out the weekend. 

Event staff

Spoiler
  • Annasari
  • Indigoe
  • Fendewen
  • Tpicant
  • Sinjin

Special Thanks

Spoiler

To Indigoe, for her amazing decorating, setup, and organizing, and using any pirating for a good cause - and for pushing the idea of this!

To Fendewen, for allowing our chaos at his place and making sure the deed is perfect for the event. 

To all the awesome suppliers who have worked with me thus far to get what we need. 

To Dracaa who hosts SFI Lunalong, where we definitely stole some inspiration and ideas!

To Annuile and Gravitycat for allowing us to repurpose left over materials from the Valormoore impalong, and to Grav especially for donating materials, and Ann for the lovely dyes! ❤️ 

To Skymer for donating prizes! 

To Aelha for donating prizes!

To Songangel for donating prizes!

To Manachan for donating prizes and mats!

To Cthrekgoru for donating mats and helping out as much as he can! 

To Tpicant for donating a ton of prizes, mats, giving time for imping.. honestly all of it. 

To Easternstar for food! and Indi for coffee! 

More to come....

Donations are always welcome! We also still need staffers, please PM here or in game if you are interested in working the event!

Edited by Annasari
  • Like 14

I will be there for sure, I can provide Bowyery and Weaponsmithing services!

• Like 2

OMG its happening! lol, you know you can count on me for anything. If im not running around organizing stuff I can do Carp, Fine Carp, Masonary and Blacksmithing.

~Indigoe

Edited by Kementari
  • Like 1

I will be happy to offer my help, can float across different stations as needed, and provide my lib priest for casting

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Hmm i might have to make the trip to Cadence just for the fact that my friend Indigoe is on the staff

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-18 Independence Server

• Like 2

I am  happy to help out. I can help in several areas where needed. I also have a FO priest that can help with LT casts

• Like 2

Just wanted to touch base with everyone :) Work is almost complete on the site, still a few touches and some testing to do here and there.

We are still in need of any donations of 70+ Logs, Metal Lumps and Shards (all kinds) strings of cloth, favour items (cordage, copped vegis etc)

Thank you to all that have donated so far and thank you to all that have said they will come along and imp :)

I think Anna is making a list of what we have and what we still need. Will keep you all posted!

~Indigoe 💓

Edited by Kementari

If you have a mine nearby I'm happy to shoot over and mine whatever you need

• Like 1

Always exciting to see an impalong! I'll definitely be there to help with Blacksmithing and Fletching! Could also help with Masonry as well if that's needed too! 

(Can't wait to play in the chess tournament too!) 

Also, I've been through Lame Horse before, and love your deeds there! 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 12:52 PM, Tpikol said:

is this impalong still happening?

As far as I am aware it still is :)
Anna was indisposed for a period of time but is back playing again now. I will ask her to comment on this thread and let us ALL know what is going on.

• Like 1

Hi guys, small update here with our current imping material count ❤️ We are still planning to rock and roll come May! 

If you are wanting to help... we need leather, strings of cloth (or a skilled tailor to help us transform our cotton), lumps, and folks who want to help the day of or ahead of time! Prizes for games are also appreciated but I plan on buying these if they are not donated. 

My play hours are irregular (really just when I can catch any free time) so if you have questions or wanna volunteer the forum PMs are the fastest way to get me. 

Edited by Annasari
  • Like 1

I think this topic should be under NFI and not in Town Square?

Title is unclear but it is going to happen on Cadence.

• Like 1

One more month, we are really excited to see you all! :D 

We still need donations of lumps and leather!!! 

I will have the game and event scheduled ironed out soon!!!

• Like 2

If still need i can make lumps up to around 60 QL if they would be of any use. Cant do metalology so Steel out, but is any of the normal metals needed beside Iron?

On 4/9/2023 at 3:57 AM, SouthPaw said:

If still need i can make lumps up to around 60 QL if they would be of any use. Cant do metalology so Steel out, but is any of the normal metals needed beside Iron?

That would be much appreciated! 

Silver and gold would be priority but tin and lead also appreciated! 

Very much looking forward to the event. Happy to provide Carpentry(95),  Masonry(87), Fine carp(83), and Bowyery(72). 

Edited by Manachan
  • Like 1

Thank you Manachan, much appreciated!

Just to touch base with you all.

The fair is still going ahead, but we may have to cancel some of the games.

Our host's area (real world) was hit by a tornado and the last thing on their mind right now is gaming. I will do what I can to make sure what we have so far runs smoothly. But there is only so much one person can do right? >.<

We appreciate all the donation we have gotten so far, still severely lacking on metal lumps, all kinds bar copper and iron.

Hopefully things get better and Annasari will be back and fill us all in on whats going on.

For anyone that cares... Anna and her family are safe, they were not directly hit. 😌

Edited by Kementari

i will be there to imp and help in any way i can :)

• Like 1

Sweet, can't wait.

I can donate leather, how much is needed?

Weekends are kinda tough for me, but I can also help imp wherever needed

• Like 1

Think we are okay for leather now. The main thing we are missing is metals specially some of the alloys. We don't have or know of anyone with high Metallurgy Skill to make them. At the moment we have a bit of each, would like a little more steel just in case and we have 0 brass. We may not even need any of these alloys, but you can guarantee if we don't have it in stock someone will come with something to imp in it >.<
Alloys we have so far are:
Electrum - 125
Brass - 0
Bronze - 500
Steel - 2000

We have people gathering the other metals for us as we speak so should be good on those.
Tpicant has stepped up and offered to be staff, huge help to me thank you for that Tpicant!
We are trying to organize some games for you all but we are lacking prizes.
So far for prizes we have 2 boats, 3 rare items and some archeology statues.