Sign in to follow this  
Bignerd

Exterior Pulley System on Buildings

It can be a pain in the butt to make a multi-story building especially when you have to keep going down to the first level for more materials.

I suggest a new interactive wall type called Platform Pulley Mount that would have 2 Wood Beams jetting out from the building with Pulleys at the end. Rope would be used to raise and lower a platform that can be loaded with crates.

Materials:

Use Hammer and Wall Plan to create

2x Wood Beam

2x Pulley

2x Thick Rope

1x Wagoner Container

(for added difficulty and realism) +2 Thick Rope per level starting at level 3

Use:

Load Crates onto platform just like you normally would with a wagoner container on the ground outside the building

Go up to the level where the Pulley Mount is located

Right click Platform Pulley Mount > Click Raise Platform

Crates can then be Unloaded to player position by Right click Platform Pulley Mount > Click Unload Here

To bring the platform back to the ground Right click Platform Pulley Mount > Click Lower Platform

• Like 4

+1

But how would it work if i want to have multiple stops on every floor on same vertical? Would i have to build it on every wall or just on top one and have openings on every floor bellow?

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

+1

But how would it work if i want to have multiple stops on every floor on same vertical? Would i have to build it on every wall or just on top one and have openings on every floor bellow?

Yes, I imagine you would destroy the Platform Pulley Mount wall to put in the wall type that you actually want there once the rest of the level is finnished.

Sounds like a great idea for building taller multi-story buildings. I think having an option to crank it like the catapults to determine which floor it goes to would be a nice addition, too!

• Like 1