Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

revert horse turn speed change

its like 10 god dam seconds to do a full circle i'm having to do 3 point turns on my deed

at least add a reversing truck sound if we're gonna be driving semi's around

• Like 10

Edit: For currently on live, if you're getting 10 second turning can you take a recording or something to show me? The overall turning speed should be a lot faster than previously especially if you're turning more than 45 degrees at once. The only slowdown that _should_ be there currently is the first half-second or so of holding down A/D, after that it catches up to the old turning speed before going faster than before. You should be able to turn a cart on a single tile now instead of the 3x3 it took before.

+1

I just went on the Test server and the turning there is great, fast response time when I start turning and no issues, pretty much how it was just before the most recent update. I've left my cart and horses near the starting towns with perms allowing all if anyone else wants to check.

On live however we've seem to have gone back to the old turning style of being damn slow to start and then picking up after a bit, small adjustments taking a few seconds to make and the like. Gotta start turning a fair bit in advance and I need to slow down to a crawl to make any particularly sharp turns.

Edited by Chromega
  • Like 3

+1 A few people on alliance mentioned the same slow start and trying to plough your way out like "getting out of being bogged in snow".  Please revert/fix.

• Like 1

+1 riding horses sucks now. prob never gonna ride a horse again lol. easier walking. but yeah. would appreciate it if u returned riding horses to how they used to be.

Edited by Shinso
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chromega said:

+1

I just went on the Test server and the turning there is great, fast response time when I start turning and no issues, pretty much how it was just before the most recent update. I've left my cart and horses near the starting towns with perms allowing all if anyone else wants to check.

On live however we've seem to have gone back to the old turning style of being damn slow to start and then picking up after a bit, small adjustments taking a few seconds to make and the like. Gotta start turning a fair bit in advance and I need to slow down to a crawl to make any particularly sharp turns.

The test server has some tweaks to the current changes on it those will be going live next full update.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

The test server has some tweaks to the current changes on it those will be going live next full update.

I hope it is not weeks - it is quite a pain to ride currently with the very slow turning in the beginning. Real hassle to avoid colliding into trees in dense forests... Once the turning speed is increased it is great ... but until then... huh.

• Like 2

I had not ridden a horse or wagon too much the last week or so, so didn't notice what an absolute nightmare they were til yesterday. What a pain in the butt. First it won't turn at all, then all of sudden it turns wildly fast, causing you to swing well past the direction you're going. Take out the variable turning speed, please, that's just pretty much unplayable. I'm not sure what the thinking was there, but you got it wrong. It should be a steady, even turn. That way, no matter how fast the turn speed is, we can learn and adjust the time we hold down the 'A' and 'D' buttons for the desired turn. Thanks.

• Like 1

+1 for the revert. My horse drives like a bus and my cart like a barge. Not fun at all, although I have gotten pretty adapt at 3 point turns around my deed.

I think it works quite well on 3 lane highways, but going 40+km/h on a horse on-deed with a 1 wide path then no, it's horrible. Getting out of the farm is uhh... annoying. would be neatif we could lock on N/E/W/S for long canals though and that is what this achieves by having that low sensitivity when starting to turn

40 minutes ago, Harryvederci said:

would be neatif we could lock on N/E/W/S for long canals though

um, you do know that if you hold down the autorun key (x is the default) for 1-2 seconds it automatically snaps you to the closest of the 8 cardinal points on the compass (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW), right? That's when riding a horse, driving a cart/wagon, or sailing a boat - although the boat gets pushed off that straight line by the wind, depending on wind direction

1 minute ago, DaletheGood said:

um, you do know that if you hold down the autorun key (x is the default) for 1-2 seconds it automatically snaps you to the closest of the 8 cardinal points on the compass (N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW), right? That's when riding a horse, driving a cart/wagon, or sailing a boat - although the boat gets pushed off that straight line by the wind, depending on wind direction

😮 didnt know ty!

15 minutes ago, Harryvederci said:

😮 didnt know ty!

It's shocking to me how many long-time players don't know that. I had to tell half a dozen friends about that and they've all played longer than I. Anyway, enjoy that "new" feature (it's been out a couple years, but it's now new to you :)

• Cat 1

No need for a revert, but pushing out that patch with the tweaks a little earlier would be nice :)