Sign in to follow this  
Octetsefune

Entomology, taxidermy, preservation

I have an idea kind of group inspired.

Ento :- introduction to more insects than bees and the ability to keep them in terrariums/hives etc. with the added produce of larvae and other by products like beeswax for instance to make candles, use as fishing bait. beetles etc for another source of cochineal. collection of different insects for use to catch different fish etc. for instance grass hopers, butterflt which would be a better influence on blooming crop germination (increase in yield at the cost of some ql)  with the existing bees (increase in ql at the cost of yield)  crickets/grass hoppers (decrease in yield and ql for a spawn of larvae usable in fishing)  Beetles (attack on sweet crops medium cost on yield but produce cochineal) 

buildable insect enclosures that act similar to the beehives in that they can help with certain crop growth.

Taxidermy. Its already done in WU but it would be cool to taxiderm the insects for display along with certain creatures like ones from slaying. its a nice prestigious display to have a dragon stuffed and mounted on your tavern roof. 
it would also be cool to have displayable taxidermised insects. along with preservation of things that you want to keep.  for instance that one rare item youve made and kept but you dont want to lose or sell it. you could preserve it (in beeswax) for all time. obviously you wont be able to use it ever again thereafter because its now too slippy from the beeswax. But the collectors and archivists out there can love their items forever.

Cheers for reading ❤️

• Like 7

Bug Hotels are quite popular in Ireland, they might match the Wurm theme as a model:

JDOhZ8h.png

• Like 1

Posted this as a reply to someone elses suggestion of Taxidermy ( @Eleraan), maybe someday though... Think its every year/two years there is at least one person that suggests it, so its definitely desired.

Edited by Jotz
  • Like 1

Taxi is available on WU with mods so its doable for sure, im not sure on the backend coding for it but if a mod can be made its probably not extremely difficult. 
But as well it would be nice to be able to utilise the other insect. There is already graphic in place for butterflies, fire flies. even birds. if its there in the world visible we should be able to interact with it :)

Yes taxidermy is in WU, I never understood why it isn't a thing in WO. I hope it happens also, it would be nice to preserve different mobs for decoration and things. I'd also like to just see them add more decoration flower items and maybe improve the bushes like rose, camellia, they certainly don't look like flowered bushes to me. 

• Like 1

I think this was the first suggestion I made back when I started in 2016 lol

+1

On 12/12/2022 at 7:05 PM, Octetsefune said:

Taxi is available on WU with mods so its doable for sure, im not sure on the backend coding for it but if a mod can be made its probably not extremely difficult. 
But as well it would be nice to be able to utilise the other insect. There is already graphic in place for butterflies, fire flies. even birds. if its there in the world visible we should be able to interact with it :)

The fact that it IS on WU as a Mod may be a reason that Wurm Official doesn't want to touch it. No matter how they do it, people will rage. Make their own Taxonomy system, which is different from the WU system? "Why is it different?!?" Make another taxonomy system that is similar to the one on WU? "Devs are stealing from the Modders!"