Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Exploration Launch Rethink

Well, I didn’t think I would be back here so soon, but after all the wonderful comments, we had a rethink on how we will move forward with these launches. On December 15th, we plan to launch Cartography only,  keeping Holy Sites and Goblin Camps back until each is individually ready and not feeling rushed. Once each has completed enough public testing that we feel will be a beneficial addition to the game, we will set a launch date for each individually. I appreciate everyone's kind words in the last delay thread and we think changing to this style of launch will help ensure each feature is polished and enjoyable without feeling the need to delay or rush other parts. 

I hope everyone has a great holiday season. We appreciate the patience/understanding of these changes from everyone and hope you all enjoy Cartography when it's out in a few days.

Also a reminder holy site testing is currently live and we are looking for feedback on it in all forms.

• Like 33

I really think that is a wise course of action.

I personally would much appreciate Goblin Camps be given priority over Holy Sites.  Both because I'm much more excited for them, but also because I think Holy Sites need a fundamental re-think.

Thank you for all your hard work

• Like 5

Better to have each aspect of the update in a good state to start with, rather than rushed and unpolished so it doesn't become another piece of content that desperately needs to be reworked in the future. 

Good call, looking forward to it!

• Like 1

+1 Darklord

And I am here to echo Sinnjinn's sentiment - focus on Goblin Camp's and re-drawing board the Holy Sites.

• Like 1

I will say I am incredibly excited for holy sites as I love the concept so much of giving more flavor and decision making for picking a faith.

I appreciate the devs listening to us here and I know you guys will be able to find a good middle ground for an awesome looking feature given a bit of time.

4 hours ago, Sinnjinn said:

I really think that is a wise course of action.

I personally would much appreciate Goblin Camps be given priority over Holy Sites.  Both because I'm much more excited for them, but also because I think Holy Sites need a fundamental re-think.

Thank you for all your hard work

+1

Great decision. 

Not really because Christmas is close, but more because if/when something goes wrong it'll be a lot easier to pinpoint when launching each section seperately.

• Like 2

Yay! This is what I originally thought was happening because cartography came out on test first and it seemed pretty much ready to go, so I was a bit disappointed to hear that it was all coming out together at a later time. Very happy with this decision! It makes a lot of sense, and personally I would rather take in smaller amounts of new content at a time anyway. It's also really nice to explore something new while still having something else to look forward to in the not too distant future :)

• Like 1

Didn't get the time to test holy sites (i plan to), but by reading comments i agree. Very mature and responsible decision.

No matter how much testing is done on the public test server, it's impossible to see all use-cases because only a small handful of players actually uses it. I appreciate the consideration though in separating these three huge features and hope to see feedback come in from players actually using cartography in a real played in environment and find the bugs and sincerely hope that those will be addressed in the same responsible way y'all are handling this now. I look forward to seeing holy sites and goblin camps and all other features handled this way too. Stuff is gunna have to be tweaked, but it will get there. Thank you for doing it this way. It feels finally like progress being made.

Was looking forward to goblins myself, and w/e new stuff from the sites.

Granted its been almost two decades since Rolf and Notch had advanced AI and goblin villages in their original planned features, so what's a bit longer? 😜

• Like 1

Try to do some testing no luck tryed a few times.. just just stop downloading at 0.04% eveytime.

blXkGbZ.png

Edited by Tigerclaw