Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Let me pick up my own arrows

If you shoot arrows into something - a troll, say - and after it's dead, you walk over, open the corpse, see your stack of arrows, and try to take them, one of two things will happen

1. You get 20 war arrows.
  2. That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.

My suggestion is... fix it so that #2 never happens.

This is a serious issue for archers.

You can't be certain your target animal is on deed unless you... walk up to it before hand, watching the Event window to see if you entered a deed. That is not how hunting should work.

Quality arrows are difficult and time consuming to make. At current NFI prices, it could cost you 20c or more to shoot a tortoise.

Possible ways to do this:

• Prevent players from firing arrows onto someone else's deed (draconian)
  • Prevent players firing arrows onto a deed where they don't have permission to drop / pick things up (not much different)
  • Log a warning message in the Event tab when firing arrows onto someone else's deed, e.g. "The arrow flies onto a settlement and may be lost." (much better)
  • Extend the existing concept of proximity ownership to arrows so that you can pick them up, and no one else can (great)
  • Extend the code around arrows and ownership in a way that solves this problem and lets you get credit for shooting things at a Rift (perfect)

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 10

the easier solution here I think is to not allow shooting of on-deed critters,

But I agree that something needs to be fixed.  Major bummer when you can't pick up your arrows

This is something already on our QOL list to hit next year not sure how we are going to go about it yet but it is on a list to be checked out already!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Katrat said:

+1 The warning message would work for me.

Me too. It'd mean I lost 1 or 2 arrows, but I would know quickly that I'd made a mistkae. Fair enough.

• Like 1