Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Exploration Launch Date Change

We will be delaying the launch of Cartography/Holy Sites/Goblin Camps by 1 week from our original date. With Holy Site testing out today and Goblin Camp testing due out Monday or Tuesday next week, we are incredibly close but did not want to cut public testing short, so we can give everyone time to help shape it before it goes live.  

The current plan is to launch on December 20th, but at the end of the day, we will keep at it till everyone feels it's in a good place during the public testing as we don’t want to rush it out at this point after so much time has gone into it already. It’s no secret that the development process has been rough on these features, and they're already well behind schedule. We learned a lot from this last year and plan to use it to only improve from here.

As we have mentioned recently, I would like to reiterate that 2023 will be a year where we will switch focus away from major new features and focus on reworking and polishing what we already have. I appreciate everyone's patience with us this last year, and I hope 2023 will bring us many fruitful reworks and QOL changes in places they are sorely needed. We plan to have a roadmap out sometime in January to better outline our plans for 2023.

• Like 29

Unfortunate, but glad to see proper time is being taken to test and polish.

Thanks!

Seven whole days!? Whatever shall we do!?

Jokes aside I can't wait. This update is going to be amazing.

As excited as I am about this particular update, I don't want to see the development team spending their holidays trying to push hot fixes that often come with big changes.

Looking forward to this launch when the right time arrives!

• Like 1

I'm ok with this, given I have 16 days off from the 24th of December.

I’d push it back until an early 2023 launch so that you have adequate time to actually verify everything is ready. Doing some PTR getting feedback and rushing out fixes is a recipient for disaster. I say you guys allow all the kinks to work itself out. I mean we have waited this long already what’s wrong with waiting another week or 4.

taking ur time to release something. i have always supported this, rushed releases just cause more issues and make games unplayable. thank you for the update, i am also looking forward to 2023 with the reworks and fixing, really hoping epic gets all the love it needs...feels like it was a forgot step child over the last few yrs.

Releasing a game / major change in a game just days before the midwinter holidays generally proves to be a major headache for the customer support staff (and developers) of a company.

Perhaps waiting till early January might be a good idea after all.

• Like 1

I agree. As excited as I am about this update, I think that if you release it on the 20th, you will not have enough players participating in it for a while (many people will be less active over the Xmas holidays), and you may put yourself in a position where if something goes wrong, you'll have a headache over the Christmas break. I think releasing this patch in early January, when everyone is back and ready to go, would be most beneficial.

My 2 cents.

@Darklordsthanks for the update. Really looking forward to release and upcoming qol changes in next year, but please consider (as stated above) to postpone release to January. It will be better for everybody, developers (to enjoy end of the year without stress) and players (just play during holidays without any downtime, because of hotfixes for new feature).

• Like 1