Sign in to follow this  
Johnston3

Value of the Marks Shop

I am going to try to make this concise.

1 year of prem = 42k marks
0,4kg moonmetal = 2s ... except that you have a 1/3 chance of getting 1kg seryll.  Technically this would make it 0,6kg ... which is 3s.
42/3 = 14 moonmetal lump prem rewards ... *3 = 42s
You would get 42 silver as a rebate for buying 12 months of prem.  But wait!  That's not all!

The monthly skin can easily valued at 8 silver in the case that it is a preferable skin.
42/4,5 = 9 remainder 3
9*8=72s

So if you maximized the 1 year premium marks shop reward, you would get 72 silver for spending 67 euros.. on one year of prem.  The good ones sell for 15s.

This is what they call a bad economic indicator.

The monthly skin never has a value of 8s at the time of issue. The value is 3s or 4s depending on attractiveness.

I would also assume that your putting the value of moonmetals off of SFI prices? On NFI moon metals are a firm 3-4s for that same lump. Something to think about as well.

It's actually 60k marks for a year of prem.

Edited by Rudie

15 hours ago, Holar said:

Who cares? 

If you are enough in the know-how to be on the upper levels of the ponzi pyramid, then there is absolutely zero reason to buy silver, and that's a bad indicator.  That's a really bad indicator.  This is the type of thing that traders look for in order to know whether or not to devest.  It just looks bad.  It looks odd.  "Who cares," unless ingame prices even out there is zero reason why anybody should buy silver, "who cares."  The reason why I made this thread is because I am such an incredibly freakin' nice guy.

• Cat 1

I'm selling all my stocks in GCG and putting it into gold bullion and various altcoins after reading this thread, thank you market guru

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

People are buying plenty of silver. It's just that they're buying it by getting subscriptions in multiples of 6 months from the shop.

If you want to make the case that the Wurm economy, or the company's finances, are in dire straits, I think you need to be clear about which it is, and you need a theory that's a bit more well laid out than "it looks like a bad thing"