Sign in to follow this  
Merc

Fo Priest unable to reinforce walls

[16:54:29] Fo would not approve of that.

Fo priests are unable to reinforce cave walls and floors due to restriction, even though they have no restrictions on mining. I thought this might've been a paving restriction but I tested with a Libila and Magranon priest, and they were able to reinforce the wall with no restrictions.

I suspect this is a leftover from when Fo priests were unable to do mining before the priest rework.

This also applies to cladding cave walls.

Edited by Merc
  • Like 3

improving walls is improving skill/action

While repairing with brick/plank(/unsure if some wall repairs with clay) should be ok?

11 hours ago, Finnn said:

improving walls is improving skill/action

While repairing with brick/plank(/unsure if some wall repairs with clay) should be ok?

I should clarify. Reinforcing cave walls with support beams.

Mag and Libila don't have this restriction, which makes me think this isn't an intended restriction but a leftover from when Fo priests were unable to mine (reinforcing walls gives mining skill).

Edited by Merc
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:33 AM, Merc said:

Fo priests were unable to mine (reinforcing walls gives mining skill).

FO were never unable to mine.. They were always unable to cut/chop trees only. The only priest unable to mine was always Vyn and all that hadn't changed over 12 years..

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

FO were never unable to mine.. They were always unable to cut/chop trees only. The only priest unable to mine was always Vyn and all that hadn't changed over 12 years..

These patch notes seem to disagree with you:

https://www.wurmonline.com/2018/12/17/patch-notes-17-dec-18-gone-fishing/

Fo and his template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
Mining
Prospecting
Tunneling
Analyse

• Like 1

Fo are unable to pave. Reinforcing mines is considering paving, which is why you get paving skill when reinforcing. Has nothing to do with mining. 

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Fo are unable to pave. Reinforcing mines is considering paving, which is why you get paving skill when reinforcing. Has nothing to do with mining. 

Like was said in the OP, was tested with Mag and a Lib priest and they could do the action, despite having the restriction.

Just now, Madnath said:

Like was said in the OP, was tested with Mag and a Lib priest and they could do the action, despite having the restriction.

I only mention it because this has always been the case for me as Fo. Never been able to do any paving actions, including reinforcing. As mentioned before, Fo was only able to dig back in the days, and unable to cut trees or mine. They got mining after the faith rework but I was still unable to reinforce. I had to use my Mag priest to reinforce all the time anyways.

I don't think they are intended to be able to pave. Libila gets the ability since its the only priest on PVP servers BL can have. Mag is... well... a miner. Fo was never intended to mine in the first place, so it must just be a leftover from before the priest rework. 

My two cents on why this is a thing.

Wanted to test your theory that reinforcing walls is paving. So I logged in my Vynora priest (who can pave) and:

[23:53:20] Vynora would not approve of that.

I already said that reinforcing walls is considered a mining action because it gives mining skill. Unless officially confirmed, this is very clearly an oversight and a restriction they forgot to remove when Fo priests got the ability to mine.

Edited by Merc

On 12/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, Angelklaine said:

Just for clarification, you get mining skill when attaching beams to walls, not paving.  (Excluding floors)

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 1